LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: locals vs pros

Personally, if I paid out of my own pocket to travel to Tahitit, I would go for every wave possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Personally, if I paid out of my own pocket to travel to Tahitit, I would go for every wave possible.
    FREE FRANCIS BUXTON

BCN! You little shaver! So you survived the Dust Bowl. What a resilient surf lad you are. The forum has been quite self-sustaining and non-parasitic during your sabbatical to Middle America. Good thing for you, if you traveled to Tahitit it wouldn't be on your own dime so you could be a selective mothertrucker for the waves you charged.

Glad to see our mascot made it out alive! Any good stories? Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    FREE FRANCIS BUXTON

BCN! You little shaver! So you survived the Dust Bowl. What a resilient surf lad you are. The forum has been quite self-sustaining and non-parasitic during your sabbatical to Middle America. Good thing for you, if you traveled to Tahitit it wouldn't be on your own dime so you could be a selective mothertrucker for the waves you charged.

Glad to see our mascot made it out alive! Any good stories? Pics or it didn't happen.
    I'll make a picture thread later just for you

Images
    Both videos had elements of the absurd, Wassel's for the knife waving and John's for the gratuitous shark riding. After hearing both sides I tend to agree with the locals, but I wonder why in a lineup surrounded by his friends John needed a ride on the ski? Nobody else bothered to help him get in?

They were the only ones on the inside. Nobody else probably even knew what was going on. Should have hitched a ride with one of his shark friends! On that note... I'd hate to piss off a guy in the line-up that has sharks for friends!

What do we tell kooks? What do we always tell them no matter what?

RESPECT THE LOCALS!

Dave Wasshole should know better...

Are you guys kidding me? Dave Wassel was totally right. It doesn't matter who feels like what, especially if its that massive. I don't care where your from if you put others at risk your totally wrong. If some guy who I've never seen before come to a beach I surf often and is getting absolutely slotted I hoot him I don't drop in on him purposefully. The whole thing is kooky. Wassel did nothing to instigate other than catch a SICK barrel, not a crime.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? Dave Wassel was totally right. It doesn't matter who feels like what, especially if its that massive. I don't care where your from if you put others at risk your totally wrong. If some guy who I've never seen before come to a beach I surf often and is getting absolutely slotted I hoot him I don't drop in on him purposefully. The whole thing is kooky. Wassel did nothing to instigate other than catch a SICK barrel, not a crime.
    The problem with what Wassel was doing, was that he and the other ski guys were catching all the waves way before any of the local dudes even had a CHANCE to catch the waves. The guy said he hadn't caught a wave after an hour of sitting in the line up. You're saying that if you were waiting in the water for an hour without a wave, you would hoot the guy who was getting towed in before you even had a shot? Fat chance

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Both videos had elements of the absurd, Wassel's for the knife waving and John's for the gratuitous shark riding. After hearing both sides I tend to agree with the locals, but I wonder why in a lineup surrounded by his friends John needed a ride on the ski? Nobody else bothered to help him get in?
    I didn't think the Tahitian video was gratuitous, it was a response to show their side of the story. The shark riding was meant to show them as a group who are in tune with the animals in their environment, in contrast to the tone in Wassel's video where his role is to consume, depicting him as some kind of an apex predator/alpha dog or whatever of the ocean.

We don't really know any of these guys, but Wassel really comes off as a talking turd. We'll wait for his apology (appeal to be allowed to come back to Tahiti)

Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    The problem with what Wassel was doing, was that he and the other ski guys were catching all the waves way before any of the local dudes even had a CHANCE to catch the waves. The guy said he hadn't caught a wave after an hour of sitting in the line up. You're saying that if you were waiting in the water for an hour without a wave, you would hoot the guy who was getting towed in before you even had a shot? Fat chance
    Yes or I would move.