LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

east coast Atlantic big wave expedition?

has it been done yet? look over at Europe and naz and ireland. there has to be a east coast mavericks 20-100 miles off the coast. somewhere... i know a guy who was one of the first surfers in the area here and back in the 70s had a freak swell with 25 foot waves breaking about a mile out of south car.

Images
    Some sizable waves have been ridden...not saying it has anything on Mav's, but sizable. Will post a pic later.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Sep 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

obx has seen some freak swell during hurricane season. nothing like Mav's either though

Pump House off FL went off at like 15+ during last years cane swells I think it was. During Earl Holden Beach NC was like 10-12. I think what you mean is Cortez type waves that far off shore and a big as Naz. There is an article in a past Surfer about the Hobgoods taking a boat way out of FL for something similar so yes it has been checked. Just look at charts and see if you find any large sea mounts then grab a big boat and go!

Not at all Mavericks but still super heavy. The swell that rcarter was talking about^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xP_dfDlR-s

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Pump House off FL went off at like 15+ during last years cane swells I think it was. During Earl Holden Beach NC was like 10-12. I think what you mean is Cortez type waves that far off shore and a big as Naz. There is an article in a past Surfer about the Hobgoods taking a boat way out of FL for something similar so yes it has been checked. Just look at charts and see if you find any large sea mounts then grab a big boat and go!
    I was at Holden for Sandy and it was the most surreal thing I've ever seen. 6-8' left barrels for over 500 yards at least. That day I was glad to be goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    I was at Holden for Sandy and it was the most surreal thing I've ever seen. 6-8' left barrels for over 500 yards at least. That day I was glad to be goofy.
    Yeah Holden gets good on the cane swells. This was Earl 2 years ago I think it was.
    47a0d725b3127cce985489c603d000000035101AZs2bNw3aMx.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    wish we had a jetski for that day

Images
    How about that video out of Florida of Evan Geiselman. He put on a clinic... Such a good video...
    https://vimeo.com/52529988

^ Yep that's the one I was thinking of!