LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gmo petition

Gmo petition

here's the petition . sign it, and keep your conspiracy theory b.s to yourself. this is a real problem. http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/tel...b&r_by=7878758
    Last edited by santiago58; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot the link

Then don't buy the sh$the instead of trying to force the rest of us to agree with your position.

Pumpmaster, it is not as easy as just not buying it... which is the whole point of that petition..so citizens have the ability to make the choice whether or not they want to buy and consume the GMOs. It is rather difficult (and somewhat expensive if buying all organic) to avoid GMOs in our country. The labeling would aid consumers in avoiding the poison...

I understand if people don't want to sign it.. but at the very least those who are unfamiliar should educate ones self on what exactly is going on here. If someone is aware of the threats and hazards of GMOs, but still does not care- then that is willful ignorance.

If you sign it you will be the best surfer in the would..

.slaterGMO.jpg

Images
    Thanks for the link. I signed it.

That rascal Archy oughta be dropping in any moment now...
    Last edited by yankee; Sep 29, 2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: contrails .... big contrails ....

Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    Pumpmaster, it is not as easy as just not buying it... which is the whole point of that petition..so citizens have the ability to make the choice whether or not they want to buy and consume the GMOs. It is rather difficult (and somewhat expensive if buying all organic) to avoid GMOs in our country. The labeling would aid consumers in avoiding the poison...

I understand if people don't want to sign it.. but at the very least those who are unfamiliar should educate ones self on what exactly is going on here. If someone is aware of the threats and hazards of GMOs, but still does not care- then that is willful ignorance.
    No one knows the real hazards, which I believe is the real issue with GMO.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    That rascal Archy oughta be dropping in any moment now...
    Lol contrails. As I sit here and look up at the clear blue sky, I see no signs of any jets.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    No one knows the real hazards, which I believe is the real issue with GMO.
    There have been stuides done with lab rats/mice as well as pigs that show the harmfulness of GMO feed.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/040727_gm..._stomachs.html

Other hazards include the cross-pollination of GMO plants to non GMO plants... which is happening now. The **** will spread all over..
    http://singularityhub.com/2013/07/02...wsuits-follow/

Cant control the weather (some would argue, as would I too, to an extent) so if your field is down wind of a GMO crop...you can get contaminated...and not even know unless you get your crops tested. These issues along with the fact that we really have no idea of the long term affects on humans should be enough to want to stop the madness.

If we don't geneticly modify food how do you propose we keep up with demand? More people - less farms requires greater production. My point is this, the answer isn't as easy as stop using GMOs.