LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Gmo petition

Images
    Ok, I might have to reconsider my position...

Dosent matter, we will all be eatiny Soylent Green soon anyway..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

It's people!

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    can they gmo this:

Hell to the yeah.

And you're scaring Wayne, all at the same time.

'Impacting the Coast for That'

Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Round up is very similar to agent orange. Only a few molecules off. So I would say you need to know what's in your weed killer. Monsanto made both. Round up resistant seeds blow into others fields and then Monsanto sues them. And they win. So everybody has to use them. I think two subjects might be linked.
    Don't be silly. H2O2 is only a few molecules off from H2O, yet they are completely different. FYI, I spent the last 3 years working for a chemical company. I have had these types of conversations with PhD chemists. I even knew someone who once worked for the "evil" Monsanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    yes you can buy organic and avoid GMO. most organic farmers grow from heritage seeds. seeds from plants they grew from the last season or traded with a farmer for. The land and crops are tested. If you are growing organic non GMO you are proud to label it as such. its the growers that produce GMO foods that don't want to label it.

for the record I own certified organic farmland. It has 200 cows feeding on it that produce, you guessed it, certified organic non GMO milk. I'm not the farmer i just lease the land but i do have to get the land tested regularly otherwise the milk company won't buy the milk.
    I didn't say you couldn't find non-GMO organic. I said you can't buy organic and be guaranteed it is not GMO.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Naw, man. Archy Rules.

With the Gnome as Recording Secretary (so he can conveniently alter the facts).

And Wayne as The Minister of Discipline (piloting that white van, ostensibly cruising for ... contrails....yikes)

With Clemmy as The Ghostly Spirit (see the final verse of 'American Pie' the song not the flick, doh)

And Chuck-A-Boo-Boo bringing up the rear.....ahem....literally.

Sorry DPSUP...not your kinda club, bruddah.
    Hi troll.

Sound like you're talking about the three men you admire the most. That is of course if we are talking about mr mclean's song.

I picture you more like the apple pie kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Hi troll.

Sound like you're talking about the three men I admire most. That is of course if we are talking about mr mclean's song.
    Indeed.....Bow down before your idols, Clemmy: Gnome & Chuck-A-Boo-Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    can they gmo this:

Let's just stay on topic here, this topic, right here, shall we?

You know it's been a flat September when we are threading about GMO's. I don't intend to criticize folks for non-surf related banter on here but I have to point it out. I am a biology teacher and I am 100% against any genetically modified organism, especially in the foods we eat. They are probably not unhealthy to us, in my opinion, (although there are some cases that don't look good for human health) but are seriously unhealthy to an ecosystem not prepared for the onslaught of GMO pollen from plants that will kill biodiversity in some cases to a really scary point, at least to us bio nerds. This combined with the scary loss of bees (look it up, it's far more serious a problem than our lack of swell) makes for some less than optimal conditions for our food chain. Those f***wads at Monsanto should be shot.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Indeed.....Bow down before your idols, Clemmy: Gnome & Chuck-A-Boo-Boo!
    Got it.

Nonsense+nonsense=Yankee