LOGIN | REGISTER

1. Who surfs sandbridge?

Just want to see what you think about sandbridge north end or little island park.

When I do surf SB, it's at the north end, and I'm walking in from the south end of Dam Neck. The breaks were loused up a bit after last June's sand replenishment, but they seem to be better now. My last time there was several weeks ago. The best luck I've had so far has been 6 or so houses down from Dam Neck. I'm sort of guessing here, as I haven't actually counted them. But it's the two adjacent houses with red roofs. Don't know the street #s, because I walk in along the beach.
    Haven't hit Little Island yet.

been surfing sandbridge forever. It has a more obx type feel than the oceanfront, it handles a south a little better, and the crowds are thin especially as summer has ended. Yes, as ^ stated the sand has been a little funky due to the "replenishment" but it is starting to collect again in all of the right places. Hey, what's wrong with the 4 miles of beach between the pier and the north end?

4. Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Haven't hit Little Island yet.
    Little island Is the best spot to go in my opinion since the stupid beach replenishment, it collects sand and breaks a little farther out.

5. Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    been surfing sandbridge forever. It has a more obx type feel than the oceanfront, it handles a south a little better, and the crowds are thin especially as summer has ended. Yes, as ^ stated the sand has been a little funky due to the "replenishment" but it is starting to collect again in all of the right places. Hey, what's wrong with the 4 miles of beach between the pier and the north end?
    Agree, last weekend there was nothing but fishermen at the pier. The beach between north end and little island is no different, I know someone who lives there and go to his house all the time.

No one...okay just kidding. I lived in Chix Beach in my VB days. If I only had a tiny bit of daylight, I'd hit North End VB. In my opinion, no one spot along the VA coast ever struck me as "much better" than any other spot. If it was decent with any sizeable amount of time, it was ALWAYS worth it to drive to NC.

Sandbridge sandbars are super shallow since the sand replenishment basically shorebreak . Itll get better . you cant win against nature.