LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fall is off to a good start!

So we ended Summer with a bang here in FL, and we just kicked off the Fall this past weekend with some solid head high sets (some plus sets here and there), great day all around yesterday, wasn't crowded at all and the sets just kept coming, was a bit drifty, the rip was strong, but other than that it worth the paddle out. Hope you all got some too!!!

It's good to hear. Happy days ahead.

We got some waves this weekend too! A little choppy on Saturday, but Sunday cleaned up real nice. We had chest high glass late in the afternoon, which was pretty nice for a change. I'm taking this as a good sign for what's to come. Don't give up yet! Eat your vegetables!

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    We got some waves this weekend too! A little choppy on Saturday, but Sunday cleaned up real nice. We had chest high glass late in the afternoon, which was pretty nice for a change. I'm taking this as a good sign for what's to come. Don't give up yet! Eat your vegetables!
    Yeah, Saturday was garbage, I paddled out at 4 different spots and found one that was kinda working but it was more work than it was worth, then Sunday came, night & day, what a few hours can change in the ocean.

I was in Cocoa Bch Friday and Saturday. Had a blast on Friday even though it was smaller. It was clean and I think the orientation of the Cape helped make a wind a little bit offshore instead of side shore. A ton of fish and mullet pods in the water. I was watching them fly past me and was waiting for a larger shadow or silhouette chasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I was in Cocoa Bch Friday and Saturday. Had a blast on Friday even though it was smaller. It was clean and I think the orientation of the Cape helped make a wind a little bit offshore instead of side shore. A ton of fish and mullet pods in the water. I was watching them fly past me and was waiting for a larger shadow or silhouette chasing them.
    Nice, I wasn't too far from ya, Saturday was better up by the Pier and North like you said, I was bit further South and didn't make it quite that far north. Lots of activity in the water, never saw a grey suit though, just lots of fish and a jelly here and there (which I stepped on). If you didn't stick around for Sunday you missed one helluva session, not as good as last weekend but close

I went back home Saturday afternoon. Had a blast nonetheless. I stayed at a hotel a block away from the sand. For two days it was:

Check the surf > grab board > go surfing > have dinner and drinks > Nap... Repeat.

It was good little trip.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I went back home Saturday afternoon. Had a blast nonetheless. I stayed at a hotel a block away from the sand. For two days it was:

Check the surf > grab board > go surfing > have dinner and drinks > Nap... Repeat.

It was good little trip.
    Nice man, glad you had fun, that's how ya do it!

It was nice to surf some long clean lefts. Only stomach high but fun. The water was full of bait, very murky, and we got chased out a couple of times by a few sharks (although it could have been tarpon). Fall looks good to me. Lots of empty waves. I am going to try and ditch work for a couple hours this p.m. on the incoming push. Ya'll have fun.