LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    It was nice to surf some long clean lefts. Only stomach high but fun. The water was full of bait, very murky, and we got chased out a couple of times by a few sharks (although it could have been tarpon). Fall looks good to me. Lots of empty waves. I am going to try and ditch work for a couple hours this p.m. on the incoming push. Ya'll have fun.
    Probably a Tarpon but who knows, I saw a 5-6 footer tag a pod of bait fish and go air borne like 3 times in a row about 50-60 yards from where I was sitting last weekend, saw the whole thing, huge splash, but never know, sharks like bustin airs too

finally got some fun waves here on the gulf too

Sean 7.jpgUnknown ripping.jpg

Saturday got to water 7 AM, nuthin (knew it was wishful thinking with outgoing tide anyway). Ran errands went back later.
    Almost two hours of consistent stomach high+ fun sets. With a buddy, catching a bunch of waves, talking about the football games to come that day, slight chill in the air.
    I do love the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by OC&SC-83 View Post
    Saturday got to water 7 AM, nuthin (knew it was wishful thinking with outgoing tide anyway). Ran errands went back later.
    Almost two hours of consistent stomach high+ fun sets. With a buddy, catching a bunch of waves, talking about the football games to come that day, slight chill in the air.
    I do love the fall.
    Indeed, my favorite time of the year!

Got a couple of hours of clean waist high surf today, and am working late to make up for it. Definitely sharks mixed in with the other fishies. Mostly of the four foot spinner variety. I took the shortboard out to get my pop ups ready for when it gets big ( tomorrow is October so it is only a matter of a week or so). Too many sessions on the log gets you slow to your feet when you have to switch to the shortie. How does that 6'4" Kechle work? I had a stump fish the same size and it worked great on all kinds of waves.

The cool thing about Florida is that you don't have to worry about the water dipping into the 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by DKH76 View Post
    The cool thing about Florida is that you don't have to worry about the water dipping into the 30's.
    Water temp is a huge perk, it can get cold in the winter but it's usually short lived

Saturday was a blast. But the Jellies OMG they were everywhere. One poor dude duck dived and came up under a bunch of them, had welts all over his face, trunk, swollen eyes, ouch. I gave him vinegar to pour on it. It helped.

The finger mullet were everywhere, even jumped on the long board. Some guy pulled one out of his pocket. It was like wild kingdom out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Saturday was a blast. But the Jellies OMG they were everywhere. One poor dude duck dived and came up under a bunch of them, had welts all over his face, trunk, swollen eyes, ouch. I gave him vinegar to pour on it. It helped.

The finger mullet were everywhere, even jumped on the long board. Some guy pulled one out of his pocket. It was like wild kingdom out there!
    Yikes, i got tagged by a jelly on my eye brow the other day but it wasn't all that bad, sounds like this dude got the whole family of jellies on his face, someone shoulda peed on him, I hear that works wonders HAHAHA

got some decent waves this past weekend. i guess my fall is off to a good start. forecast doesn't look too good for the rest of this week though. i think i'll just go on a week long bender.