LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Assateague and the Shut Down

So I usually drive into the national park side with my yearly pass and park at the north ocean beach parking lot. Will that road be closed or can we still drive there and park there to use the beach? If not, how much is it to park at the state park? Anyone been out there today to find out?

Nat'l park is closed, they will barricade the road or just not let people enter

Hatteras Island public beach access is closed as of this AM as well.

The gov't has failed us!

Bastards!

Images
    Wow! That's crazy!!!

Why are they closed?

they(our great gov't)cracked down on Hatteras I.a couple of years ago.You cant really have a good time down there anymore.You've got to pay a fee(i think its $125 that only goes to law enforcement)to drive the beach<have to have a permit to make a beach fire.and you have to be off the beach at 10 or so...no alcohol either.your best to save your money to take a real surf trip without big brother on your back.If you live down there,what a bummer this shutdown must be.

whoa whoa whoa wtf is this ^? Lee?

and yeah, all national parks are shut down until they resolve this.

Oh this is because of the Gov. shut down? Why can't people just go to the beach without a government employee being on the clock? Free country HAHAHA

Images
    Farkin' joke. Take back public lands they belong to us!