LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    By the way, what the hell are we free from?
    Fancy you should ask that...you are free to consume. Notice how the word citizen and consumer are so interchangeable in the modern day lexicon?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I think the only way for us to send a message and get new faces in there is to refuse to vote for anybody they list on ANY of the ballots. Don't vote for anybody THEY have appointed. Right now, as it is, you get to choose poo in one hand or pee in the other. Rather than accept that, lets all do "write ins" for every position. Vote for regular guys / gals, someone that isn't part of the system already. This would only work if EVERYBODY was on board though.

If that's not an option then NOBODY should show up to vote, nobody. Boycott it all together, refuse to contribute to campaigns, don't support any of it. That probably wouldn't get anybody new in there so If that doesn't work, then we should all just meet in DC and go White House Down on that a$$!!!! Sick of the morons in power, all they do is pass the torch to the next clone in line. When are we as a country going to stand up and say enough is enough and get sh*t done the old fashioned way. I'm all for a revolution, i'm bored anyways.
    "da da da da da , I'm Loving it!"

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Wow, some of yall are more awesome than I imagined, I like the tone of this thread!
    to see the farm....is to leave it!!!!!!!

but the secret is this...you cant tear it down....Reason: too violent and stuff
    You need to build something better that renders the old system obsolete, so get to forming neighborhood and community watch and work groups!! small communities are where its at, know your neighbors, know where you food comes from

reputation will replace cash as a currency, bartering, bitcoin and gold/silver will replace federal reserve notes
    yes, yes, and yes!

Well it sounds like it could be open as early as tomorrow or as late as Friday since there is a bill being pushed through to end this crap. I personally thought the State side seemed to break a little closer to shore, but there haven't been many very clean days since the shutdown anyway.

Since I was asking about OC in this thread too, I've been wondering if all these raging seas lately might have pulled a bunch of sand back out. I checked in the mid 60's and around 49th this evening and both looked like there might be some better sandbar going on but it was hard to tell with tide coming in fast, and it still being pretty choppy.

Well, the shutdown is over...thank god.i still think Boehner should send me a check for my cancelled campsites.

Images
    Park open, Swell decent, no crowds.

This afternoon:

Mitchell
    So Jealous. Hope your had a blast.

Man what time was that and where? I was at north ocean beach around 2:30 til maybe 4:30. It was the usual sort of line up crowd which isn't a big deal since there's tons of space to go around. But it was closeout city. Seemed like the NorEaster really played hell with the sands, the sandbar seemed more shallow and the deep spots seemed deeper even at lower tide. I caught a few good ones but seemed like most people were having it break on their asses as soon as they dropped in.

Maybe those pics are just misleading. It was nice out there in general, offshores and little rainbows in the spray. Felt good just to sit out there after all these choppy days and the shutdown time.
    Last edited by UserID; Oct 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Images
    Assateague island is sooooooooooo beautiful and I'm sooooooooooo glad the fed gov't is working to keep it clean and protected. Otherwise, the surf nazis would just trash the place. they'd probably drive to their waves and park at the water's edge. YUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    Assateague island is sooooooooooo beautiful and I'm sooooooooooo glad the fed gov't is working to keep it clean and protected. Otherwise, the surf nazis would just trash the place. they'd probably drive to their waves and park at the water's edge. YUCK!
    they do that on OBX. and noone trashes anything. and by the way you're using "surf nazis" all wrong...that term usually refers to the same govt agents you are trying to heap praise upon. i.e. Nazis make rules that only Nazis could stand following. oh nevermind,everyone go back to playing angrybirds...