LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boston-area surfers, there is swell on the buoys this morning - go surfing!

It looks like an Easterly swell has arrived - I hope it's getting in to the beaches by now. I have to make Spinach-shetake calzones this morning so I will miss the high-tide session at 9:19AM (high-tide).

Tide is pretty neap today - 8.9 ft. high, like 1 foot low. That means well, it just means less reflections off of the seawalls.

Time to surf. There isn't much in the forecast so get it now while it's here and the winds are reasonable cooperative.

Don't quit your job and don't look for a government (G-job) unless you are a consultant like myself!

PS Notice how I spell shetake (the censorship script nabbed my original spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post
    It looks like an Easterly swell has arrived - I hope it's getting in to the beaches by now. I have to make Spinach-shetake calzones this morning so I will miss the high-tide session at 9:19AM (high-tide).

Tide is pretty neap today - 8.9 ft. high, like 1 foot low. That means well, it just means less reflections off of the seawalls.

Time to surf. There isn't much in the forecast so get it now while it's here and the winds are reasonable cooperative.

Don't quit your job and don't look for a government (G-job) unless you are a consultant like myself!

PS Notice how I spell shetake (the censorship script nabbed my original spelling)
    Well, nothing like this for a pre-surf (and after-surf) meal!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post

Hahaha, good way around it. Dude those are my favorite in terms of edibles by far. I have some morels dried and ready to go I just have no idea how to prepare them. Glad you got some Lewaves, nice calzone.

Last night was smaller but clean as hell and mad stokey. This morning was a complete waste of time with pure closeouts. Let's hope this good swell is not lost on excessively high tide and winds. Damn man.

Images
    Fun in RI yesterday too...

Oh man I'm foaming at my desk. Got the okay to leave at 4 today. I hope I'm not too late!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    Oh man I'm foaming at my desk. Got the okay to leave at 4 today. I hope I'm not too late!
    You should be just fine brah. If you're out at the break by 5 you're stoked bc it's bigger swell than originally forecasted and the winds are calming as the tide goes out. Spicoli wants all the Emass brahs to score today.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Oct 1, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

I'm out in 15 minutes.....if I hit traffic heads will roll....

Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    I'm out in 15 minutes.....if I hit traffic heads will roll....
    Aggressive driving in 3, 2, 1....

Yah about to call the boss and see if I can disappear from the office and go hit up the Winthrop jetty -- fingers crossed