LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    This is appropriate. In MN you need to register them as PWC.

DP, you're my boy Blue, but the volume on most SUPs is 3x the volume on a LB. Go duct tape 3 LBs in stacked format and tell me that's a surfboard.
    HAHA, Dude, not all SUP's are the same size, just like not all LB's or HPSB are the same size. There are plenty that are shorter or have LESS volume than a LB and are performance oriented. Regardless, no need to make them a vessel. I realize you haven't been at this very long, so I take your comments regarding SUP's with a grain of salt, that said, you will one day see the benefits of a longer board, took me years to get that into my head, but once I tapped into the benefits of a LB my surfing went to another level. Think of it like a weighted bat, get back on the HPSB and you'll see night and day differences. When I first started I thought the smaller the board, the cooler you were, but that got me nowhere fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    HAHA, Dude, not all SUP's are the same size, just like not all LB's or HPSB are the same size. There are plenty that are shorter or have LESS volume than a LB and are performance oriented. Regardless, no need to make them a vessel. I realize you haven't been at this very long, so I take your comments regarding SUP's with a grain of salt, that said, you will one day see the benefits of a longer board, took me years to get that into my head, but once I tapped into the benefits of a LB my surfing went to another level. Think of it like a weighted bat, get back on the HPSB and you'll see night and day differences. When I first started I thought the smaller the board, the cooler you were, but that got me nowhere fast.
    ^^^ What he said.

I lifted a new SUP at my local shop the other day. It was made out of some super light-weight foam, and weighed less than my 6'8" board.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    What is a performance oriented SUP, something that you can wiggle while trimming.

SUP's are for people out of shape or lacking the skill to ride something more fun. It's a boat. And don't give that as i got older excuse I learned it's not cool to ride the shortest blah blah blah. I regularly surf with someone who just turned 50 and can surf circles around most people in the lineup on 6 foot boards.

I'll take people who can surf doing step offs around me any day over someone on a sup, including people in my area who i know are very good surfers but hung it up for their sup. They are simply unresponsive, large, and dangerous, this is magnified x100 by the type of person attracted to riding one in the first place.

Images
    There are exceptions to the rules. This guy is one of them. I've only seen one guy ride an SUP similarly to Mr. Lima and he was probably one of the best surfers in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    There are exceptions to the rules. This guy is one of them. I've only seen one guy ride an SUP similarly to Mr. Lima and he was probably one of the best surfers in the area.

If this is the best example you can come up with for rule exceptions, it goes to further prove my point. This is your top 1%. It's average at best surfing, just because he's on a SUP does not change that fact. The rest of the 99% are borderline out of control and dangerous.
    Last edited by SkegLegs; Oct 2, 2013 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    What is a performance oriented SUP, something that you can wiggle while trimming.

SUP's are for people out of shape or lacking the skill to ride something more fun. It's a boat. And don't give that as i got older excuse I learned it's not cool to ride the shortest blah blah blah. I regularly surf with someone who just turned 50 and can surf circles around most people in the lineup on 6 foot boards.

I'll take people who can surf doing step offs around me any day over someone on a sup, including people in my area who i know are very good surfers but hung it up for their sup. They are simply unresponsive, large, and dangerous, this is magnified x100 by the type of person attracted to riding one in the first place.
    Open your mind....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_HBjj2QPU

Let's not turn this into an SUP debate though. This is about Tow-ins / Tow-ats

Another video to prove my point. I can be an average surfer, or kooks worldwide will link my video because i'm the best at SUPing. It's a skill crutch.

Interesting, so I am curious.... You fire coconuts at a-holes on jet skis, you hit one in the head and kill him/her. Put like that, it doesn't sound like such a bright idea. Just sayin... How about try some water balloons filled with crap or something. Wait, that mgiht be messy getting the crap in there. Or just continute to fire coconuts at $1.99 a piece and hope for death so you don't have to keep spending so much money on coconuts. Oh well, good luck ridding your line up of these a-holes!!!!

Images
    [QUOTE=Zeroevol;193375] Just sayin... How about try some water balloons filled with crap or something. Wait, that mgiht be messy getting the crap in there. QUOTE]

Alright, here's a less than lethal, and less messy, alternative to water balloons filled w/ $hit...a/pee in them through a funnel, you still have a gross bodily fluid in the balloon and less on the hands. Or b/$hit right in your hand, throw at ski, rinse, repeat.