LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Another video to prove my point. I can be an average surfer, or kooks worldwide will link my video because i'm the best at SUPing. It's a skill crutch.
    Don't be a gay.

Quote Originally Posted by elementdtlop View Post
    i love how the picture it shows for the video is him looking like hes going to take the head off a little kid and its a support for how all sup riders arent the same or dangerous. i was surfing ac one time with a relatively good sup rider in the lineup on a 4-6ft day. he dropped in late on a wave as i was paddling out and drove his "boat" directly into my side. someone from shore said he knew when it happened bc his board came to dead stop. it couldve happened from any person any board i know that but the responsiveness isnt there. its like a kayaker in the lineup. its not as safe so get off the peak. i think longboarding a crowded peak is bs as well though regardless of ability.
    I think short boarders in the lineup are dangerous. That board could hit a someone and hurt them. We should all stop surfing. Just too dangerous.

DP and BE - of course there are brahs out there rippin faces on rafts. There are outliers in every walk of life. My statements and concern (and likely the State of MN as well) is regarding the critical mass of less skilled operators, especially the least common denominator if straight up hazard kooks. The consequence of kookery on even a LB pales in comparison to faulty SUP operation. SUPshredmachines aren't part of this as clearly they aren't hurting anyone. Yesterday AM in the closeout swell there were almost a dozen SUPers in the lineup and while a couple could hold their own, several more were willing to be tossed off the closing waves along with their "cutters". If one came my way, I may have got in my first altercation is public in more than a decade and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    I'm certain that I will never see this tow-in/at activity at any break near me (I'm in MAINE), therefore we can conclude that the root cause of this problem is, once again, New Jersey.

Also, I think you could more effectively poop into a plastic bag, tie it off, then double-bag it, tie that bag off, and launch using giant sling shot. No reason to stuff it into a balloon. A bagged turd at high velocity will certainly break as it strikes the forehead of the target. This is also something we do not do in MAINE.
    Just for that MA, I'll be up by the end of the month to get in the Guinness Book of World Effin Records as the most stoked dude alive as I wield me and my boys into the Vacationland lineups via Seadoo.

Yes, the Garbage State is the root of this problem.

Yes, my SI brahs are the schitt because they do cool schitt like postulate how to bag up warm schitt as projectiles meant for schittheads.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Don't be a gay.
    Lil play on Outside Providence there? Nicely placed.

"Are you, or are you not: a gay?"

Quote Originally Posted by S2Kreative View Post
    easy.
    Cracking me up, thanks for that disgusting visual. Ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    This is also something we do not do in MAINE.
    That's because no animals were mentioned!!!

I'm jokinnnnn brawwwww!!!

BANGORRRRRRRR!!!!! LEWISTONNNNNNN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    DP and BE - of course there are brahs out there rippin faces on rafts. There are outliers in every walk of life. My statements and concern (and likely the State of MN as well) is regarding the critical mass of less skilled operators, especially the least common denominator if straight up hazard kooks. The consequence of kookery on even a LB pales in comparison to faulty SUP operation. SUPshredmachines aren't part of this as clearly they aren't hurting anyone. Yesterday AM in the closeout swell there were almost a dozen SUPers in the lineup and while a couple could hold their own, several more were willing to be tossed off the closing waves along with their "cutters". If one came my way, I may have got in my first altercation is public in more than a decade and a half.
    Sorry "brah", but I have had more issues with groms on short boards than any LB or SUP. Those kids just drift with the current and paddle for every wave, ignoring the order. I just end up dropping in on them with my egg. Sorry junior, I can catch them way before you can.

This is a funny post. I think somebody needs to do a "best of Emass" thread. Emass, you gotta way with words.

Early 30s and my current edition would run circles against your best early 20s version bruddah, downshift a bit there.
    Do you mean everyone who posts or has ever posted here or just Kookie? I mean, that Raven Lundy guy seems pretty tough. He probably surfed the gnarliest wave to be surfed on the East Coast. Ain't he in is 20's? What if Kookie is really like Lou Ferigno or Doug Flutie? Doug's a damn good surfer I hear, he maybe small; but he's scrappy. Played soccer or something and Lou Ferigno scares me, he turns into the Incredible Hulk when gets angry.

At no point did I wish struggle or anything short of stoke upon my brah. Clearly two different judgment calls if making your buddy sweat a hard one is an intention at all. Different outcomes, certainly.
    Woah there fella, are you still talking about surfing?
    "At no point did I wish struggle. . ."
    ". . . making your buddy sweat a hard one. . ."

No means No Spicoli.

Stick to your cookie jar Broseffy.
    I like chocolate chip, the problem is, you eat one and then you get the munchies. Then you eat another by mistake and then you pass out on the beach and get sunburned on the soles of your feet. My cookies are legit. Don't get sunburned on the soles of your feet, stick to one cookie. Or, if you're shall we say, "a little light in the loafers", only eat half a cookie. Blisters on the soles of your feet are no joke. Why I can't go back to Assateaque, painful memories.

Alphas are leaders, betas are followers. Human alpha males stand tall with shoulders back and make sustained eye contact. Beta males stand slumped, act meek, and quickly surrender after trash-talking on message forums once they see they picked a losing battle. In dog fighting, and I don't condone this and only know it because it's referred to in the jiu jitsu community, an alpha dog will fight to the death, as dog fights are like MMA fights and decided either by death of one opponent (KO in MMA) or resignation (tap out). A dog fight has rounds and at the start of each, a dog will "scratch" (scrape it's paw against the ground) to signal they're ready to go again. If a dog doesn't scratch, that's a declaration that they surrender and are the beta.

Omega is the lowest rank of all in social order and we see some of that here too. Good thing we've got some alpha dogs in the group!!!
    It's like a real life Brucie Kibbutz!

"Touch my pecs, c'mon TOUCH EM! ROCK HARD BABY, ALPHA! Genetically superior!"
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Oct 3, 2013 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Sorry "brah", but I have had more issues with groms on short boards than any LB or SUP. Those kids just drift with the current and paddle for every wave, ignoring the order. I just end up dropping in on them with my egg. Sorry junior, I can catch them way before you can.
    Braddah/bru/brah/bro, seems you may have taken my post out of much of its context. I wasn't lumping you personally into any negative category. There are definitely hazards and idiots on all types of sticks, SBs included. If I'm junior in that post then we can have a paddle-Rama at Clemmy's harvest meal next month. I know you got a couple more months in the water than me so I'd have my hands full