LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Silk Road just got shut down

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...k-road-website

interesting read, if you dont know what silk road is, google it + Forbes for a write up

that reddit compilation is pretty good

Images
    Ok, I don't have much time..will someone please tell me what this Silk Road site was? I feel like I missed out on something good here...will read link in full later.

Disregard just read it couldn't resist.

Its amazing that Forbes estimated at the time that the Silk Road was earning between $30 and $45 million in annual revenue.

seo agency dubai | hotelskualalumpur.org | plagiarism
    Last edited by Watt–Wilton; Dec 25, 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Basically a black market website in which you could buy anything you wanted from weed to guns etc...

They are now saying they think he used his own website to hire a hit man and kill a person that was trying to black mail him.

This dude was a straight up evil genius! (with the exception of getting caught)

It always happens that way.... the evil doers get greedy and that's when they get caught. They're reporting that he made well over $100 million with his website.

remember when they shut down nabster and then file sharing via torrents became the norm? More sites like this will pop up, but will be harder to shut down. maybe they wont be US based

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    remember when they shut down nabster and then file sharing via torrents became the norm? More sites like this will pop up, but will be harder to shut down. maybe they wont be US based
    ehh i don't know. ask the guys at atlantis how that went.

the kid was kinda sloppy in how he handled his identity online. he used TOR/Onions sites but cros contaminated accounts with usernames that weren't as secure as they should have been.

I think its like wack a mole, a bunch get shut down, but more pop up.
    time will tell

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    No. This was a one time deal. You could buy guns, hookers, cocaine (in weight), hitmen and anything in between. And it was all "encryption" based. Thats a joke. The NSA rat just exposed the US government for basically knowing and monitoring EVERYTHING in the world. Phone call. texts, Emails. Everything.

The website in question was so ambitious and so ahead of its time, that is the only reason it lasted as long as it did. They had this guys M.O. a while ago and finally took him out. This guy was a mad-man. Seriously. To think the U.S. government can't break your sh**y encryption is a joke. They can crack sh** in a few days where people think the algorythms would be running for years to break it.

This is just the U.S. Gov not showing its hand. They say they caught him because of linkden accounts and crap. Not true. They found him a while back and finally struck. They sat there monitoring all the activity on that site for probably, a year or so. Checks and balances. They monitored this stuff until they got all they could from it and finally cuffed this idiot.

I mean, this moron exposed a large percentage of the "underworld" by letting them think it was safe. If you think uncle sam just finally found out and shut it down, that is crazy....

The site became useless to them anymore and they stopped it.

I mean, it had publicly cited how to vacuum seal drugs and weapons for delivery through the US postal service....

Remember how much money we spend on counter-terrorism...

This site was the motherload... for IDIOTS.

I mean really, you bought a hitman off the web?

Its almost too ridiculous to be true.

Im no conspiracy theorist, but I would not be surprised if this dude was staged by the feds to begin with. Talk about shooting fish in a barrel. Lets make a website that Drug dealers, pimps and murderers can use to conduct illegal business on a huge scale.

Something was rotten in Denmark. for sure.,