LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Higher performance board.

After 5 years I am finally outgrowing my 7\"4\" ricky carroll funshaped board. I am looking for a board that I can ride in larger surf. 4+ and up this fall/winter.<br /><br />I am 5\"10\" 200lbs. <br /><br />Any suggestions on a new board would be greatly appreciated.

Tough question to answer. Start here and get some ideas maybe:
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...olume_calc.php

i 100% suggest talking to a reputable local shaper

Erock and a few others (DP et al) can tell you lots about the magic of Coil boards by Mike Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Erock and a few others (DP et al) can tell you lots about the magic of Coil boards by Mike Daniel.
    HAHA This is true, but nobody wants to hear that again. People get all bent when we try to inform others of the magic of Coil. If WopWop wants to know about them though, i'm willing to share.

A fish was my next step after I first started. The only issue is when it gets real nice and you (might) fry out. If on the east coast, that's what I would do or buy a Roy Stuart

I heard good things about Coil and HyptoCrypto, but your local shaper is the way to go
    where are you in jerz?
    there is a CNC machine in P-ville, Atlantic county, 357 shapes, really good guy
    http://www.357surfboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WopWop77 View Post
    After 5 years I am finally outgrowing my 7\"4\" ricky carroll funshaped board. I am looking for a board that I can ride in larger surf. 4+ and up this fall/winter.<br /><br />I am 5\"10\" 200lbs. <br /><br />Any suggestions on a new board would be greatly appreciated.
    Where do you live?

with name of Wop Wop and from NJ, I am guessing Bergen county? Mercer County?