LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Do you like to surf alone?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

102 58.96%
  • Sometimes

48 27.75%
  • Only if I have to.

21 12.14%
  • No! Sharks!

6 3.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Images

To surf alone.....

I have found that many surfers don't like to surf alone......many express fear. I personal LOVE to surf alone. Though I enjoy the company, stoke, and encouragement of other surfers and have a blast with them, there is something special....dare I say even sacred about being out by yourself.

Do you like to surf alone?

Images
    I love to surf alone.
    Too bad it's not possible anymore, least where I live.

For the most part I always surf alone. From outer reefs to sloppy beach break. If there are a few guys in the lineup that doesn't bother me at all but when it starts getting congested I'll move down the beach. I guess I'm anti-social that way.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    For the most part I always surf alone. From outer reefs to sloppy beach break. If there are a few guys in the lineup that doesn't bother me at all but when it starts getting congested I'll move down the beach. I guess I'm anti-social that way.
    Ironically, me too.....but not really anti-social, just anti-asshole

Images
    on big days, i prefer company (not that its usually a problem to find others)... on small or average size days, I find it nice to be out there by myself at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    on big days, i prefer company (not that its usually a problem to find others)... on small or average size days, I find it nice to be out there by myself at times.
    Well said!

Images
    My best sessions, turns, fun times come from being alone in the water. The early morning hours, still chilly, light winds, glassy faces and clean barrels AHHHHH!!!!! You feel so free and happy that even just cruising on the wave seems fun sometimes

I don't mind company at all, its safer with a friend. Like if a fish took a bite out of me or I hit my head on the sea floor in some overhead. I'd rather to live and surf another day than be by myself and wash up on shore and have some tourists poking at my corpse with a stick.

"There's only one thing better than a solo session. That's a session with a good friend."
    -A. Weisbecker, In Search Of Captain Zero

I usually surf my best when i surf alone