LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: losing forum freedom?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • hell yeah we are

5 45.45%
  • damn no we aint

3 27.27%
  • mericas freedom will prevail

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: censorship

Images

censorship

we are being ruled by england right now..i impose that we start a war to get our forum independence, like a revolutionary war thats right ..we will call it that. but we need a poll first. the status quo has changed on swellinfo. we need to fight for our right to party.

SB, I am behind you and the SI guys 100%. However, do you feel like if we just ignored the MSW guys they would go away?

Images
    You can start your own forum if you want and talk about whatever you want.
    Its very cheap and inexpensive. In the meantime, please adhere to the rules we laid out in the very first thread:

- No Inappropriate Language
    - No Making offensive/insulting comments
    - No spamming
    - No Threatening other members
    - No sexually explicit material
    - No discussion regarding engaging of illegal activities
    - No Hijacking thread topic (unrelated tangent).
    - No Trolling (creating a stir for no reason)

This forum is intended for the surf community to have real discussion, not a small group of people to band together in hatred. Sorry, to cut into your freedom, but seriously, start your own forum if thats what you want.

BTW, I see 3 more threads have been locked just this morning. The mentioning of MSW has some significance here. Swellinfo Admin is straight regulating. SI guys raided MSW and got banned. MSW raided SI and we're getting shut down from our admin. Has MSW won the battle?

I have seen a lot more vulgarity in recent threads than in the MSW battles and not get shut down. It looks like the milk has finally spilled.

Images
    no way man this stuff doesnt even make sense. he reported me because i said he didnt love jesus..i mean come on does this guy have no hair on his sack?

Dear sandblasters,

You have received an infraction at Swellinfo Surf Forums.

Reason: Threatening other members
    -------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=216167
    Leave and go to msw we don't want you. And you say you love Jesus you lie because Jesus loves swellinfo.
    All the best,
    Swellinfo Surf Forums

Images
    thats all fine and dandy but i hope the that puffer fish guy gets some points to this is merica and justice should be served to both parties. btw how often is the surf forcast updated on this thing i think most of us that dont know would like to know.

Images
    Nobody reported you, and it has nothing to do with MSW guy.

Its about keeping things regulated around here... There are non stop threads of hate and explicit material, insulting other members. Things were actually going pretty smooth up until last week, and so the moderators fell asleep at the wheel.

We will be doing a better job of handing out infractions and bans and ip bans where necessary. This forum doesn't make any money, thats not why it exists. It exists to support the Swellinfo Community with real discussion for the surf community. Call it lame and boring, but outside of the forum, we are actually trying to run a real business. We could shut down the forum and not have to deal with managing this all, but we really like the idea of allowing users to communicate and share surf stuff... But, maybe its not worth the time and effort, and we'll just shut it down, like so many other surf forums have done.

Is this why ECS shut down a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    Nobody reported you, and it has nothing to do with MSW guy.

Its about keeping things regulated around here... There are non stop threads of hate and explicit material, insulting other members. Things were actually going pretty smooth up until last week, and so the moderators fell asleep at the wheel.

We will be doing a better job of handing out infractions and bans and ip bans where necessary. This forum doesn't make any money, thats not why it exists. It exists to support the Swellinfo Community with real discussion for the surf community. Call it lame and boring, but outside of the forum, we are actually trying to run a real business. We could shut down the forum and not have to deal with managing this all, but we really like the idea of allowing users to communicate and share surf stuff... But, maybe its not worth the time and effort, and we'll just shut it down, like so many other surf forums have done.

I like having the forum. I also like the SI forecast site.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Is this why ECS shut down a while back?
    I can't say for sure, but most likely. I've seen it happen to many forums.
    The owner doesn't want to deal with the BS and trying to maintain the forum, so they just give up.
    Just think about how much effort is required to oversee all of the posts and threads.