LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Okay, the title said if you are not interested in JESUS leave it alone. That meant do NOT open. I do not do this for attention (TRUST ME). I am looking for serious inquiries about being a part of this REVIVAL. I am not a troll looking for some entertainment to pass some time by. Peeeeeerrrrrrssssiiiisssssttttance.

Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.
    ~Proverbs 11:4

BTW: The guy who said something about 2nd light. I am still there. Met some very nice people on there. Not to mention aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa forget about it.
    Last edited by sonfollowerssurf; Oct 7, 2013 at 02:27 AM.

Stop me if you've heard this one.

When Pilate declares him "King of the Jews" Christ protests, saying that "my kingdom is not of this world", but when the Centurions are done crucifying him he begs them to add a sign to his cross with the letters INRI. One centurion laughs and points to the sign, "id dicit, Iaesus Nazeranus, Rex Iaedaeorum." and they laugh.

Jesus, being a heeb living in occupied Cannan understood them and replied, "ridiculum cuniae, id dicit, 'initiate nail removal immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Apparently we are all being punished for this thread with onshore wind.
    That was good. (and a week of dead red on the fucast, it's brutal)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I actually think you are wrong, respectfully. It seems like every time the topic comes up, the thread goes ballistic, and becomes heated. They may say they don't want to talk about it, while continuing to talk about it, and talk, and talk, and talk.....
    I was going to stay out of this, but...

A lot of very strong negative thoughts, feelings, and protestations get expressed when this topic comes up. I was a bit shocked when I first saw the extent of such feelings a number of months ago on this Forum. It was as if everyone had their own horrifying personal experiences with religion - Christianity in particular.

But religions are created by man. They contain mythology and are subject to much corruption. Religions have been used through the ages to sanctimoniously justify, condemn, torture and slaughter to suit our purposes. These purposes usually involve hate, greed, power and exercising control over others.

I go to church from time to time because I draw spiritual comfort and find inspiration there, not because I agree entirely with the doctrine. It's more of a personal thing. I don't open the Bible to search, nitpick, and get upset over conflicting or hypocritical verses. I don't take it literally. The Bible is a committee-selected collection of writings or books from various times in history. Some writings were allegorical or fables, some were based on actual events, some reflected ancient beliefs, practices, and the manner in which people lived thousands of years ago.

I studied Zen a bit and found personal value there that I hadn't found in Christianity. Maybe I'm sharing too much here, but some of my most religious or spiritual moments occurred outside a church or other formal religious situations: Sitting on a Calif. beach years ago watching a sunset after a day of diving, enjoying a balmy evening breeze on Panama City Beach watching a distant lighting storm, and sitting on my board one early morning this past summer marveling at the clouds and glassy conditions. There's much that we as surfers can and should (IMO) be grateful for.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I was going to stay out of this, but...

A lot of very strong negative thoughts, feelings, and protestations get expressed when this topic comes up. I was a bit shocked when I first saw the extent of such feelings a number of months ago on this Forum. It was as if everyone had their own horrifying personal experiences with religion - Christianity in particular.

But religions are created by man. They contain mythology and are subject to much corruption. Religions have been used through the ages to sanctimoniously justify, condemn, torture and slaughter to suit our purposes. These purposes usually involve hate, greed, power and exercising control over others.
    It's not necessarily a "negative thought" when someone disagrees with another person. I'd be careful casting that aspersion; just because more than a few of us reject the proselytizing and / or the attempts to flood a surfing forum with religious blather does not make it "negative thoughts."

If you want an example of "negative thoughts" then look no further than Wayne: posting that biblical quote that says non-believers will be punished by his gawd & all sorts of sanctimonious self-serving corrupto crap like that.

And yes, the Church in particular has made its own bed over centuries with its endemic lying, its systemic corruption, its perversions of children among others, its unmatchable greed, its out & out evil. What sort of reaction do you think an entity with that pedigree would elicit? Rejection of the doctrine of the reps of that entity would be a fine place to start.
    Last edited by yankee; Oct 7, 2013 at 04:59 AM.

DX and Yk, that was a great exchange. It would be great to see more of that

ask any restaurant worker about the after church crowd.

Ever been road raged by someone with a christian personalized plate or a NOTW sticker? Me too!

Graph education and religion sometime, funny trend shows up.

You are not impacting the coast, Wayne. It's a delusion. You need to impact the mental health field by making an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    You are not impacting the coast, Wayne. It's a delusion. You need to impact the mental health field by making an appointment.
    Now that dear sir is funny!!!!! Leethestud FTW!

Can't you just see The Virgin Mary and (poor schlep) Joseph on Jerry Springer?

"Honest Jerry, I never even touched the Girl; now she tells me she's heavy with child! Who is that babies daddy?"

While I'm at it...

"Peter Pumpkin Head came to town.
    Throwing Wisdom and Cash around.
    Fed the Hungry and housed the Poor.
    Showed the Vatican what gold is for."
    Last edited by World B Frielinghaus; Oct 7, 2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Can't spell

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    I do not do this for attention (TRUST ME). I am looking for serious inquiries about being a part of this REVIVAL. I am not a troll looking for some entertainment to pass some time by. Peeeeeerrrrrrssssiiiisssssttttance.
    au contraire - you're an attention whore, desperately seeking validation.