LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Images
    Meth ? Right. I actually like it so much I'm building another identical board for my twin brother. Yankee I wish I could surf at your spot I would roll out there with my brother on our 11 ft 'grown a$$ man' surfboards and utterly humiliate you.

But more talk on the physics of surfing. What do you mean by not Being able to angle it ? Like once I drop in all I can do is go straight into white water ? Well if that's what you mean then look closer at the marginal shoulder high swells I'm cursing.
    FYI I will have this out in over head winter swells and I will have pictures to prove it. Good luck yank.

2 things
    1) I didnt see a turn, even the loggiest of logs can cut back to enable rider to be in more critical part of wave
    2) christ on the cross, you have a twin?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    2 things
    1) I didnt see a turn, even the loggiest of logs can cut back to enable rider to be in more critical part of wave
    Make it stop I hardly want to reply to you but here it goes.
    1) the board turns fine. It's 11 ft it's not going to act like your longboard.
    2) yes I have an identical twin. And yes it's hard for some to believe. We aren't monsters we just like to surf some Maine waves and have a good time. And build some cool boards in the off hours.
    3)please be more specific in how you can't see evidence of a turn. A video would be more proving but I'm sure the picture shows that it can turn.
    4) change your user name and report back.

Sincerely yours
    -Charles T
    Last edited by Charles Taylor; Oct 19, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

Images
    image.jpgimage.jpg

It paddles in, takes off, and angles in quite pleasantly. It's a mega wave catcher too.

all of those pics do not demonstrate a turn, they are unidirectional, down the line, which is commendable.

and I disagree on the monster part, yall sonic boom each others ears?

I cant believe the depths you go here, but its all good

Images
    Well ya dude it's not for drastic turning I'll admit that all day but it can turn I swear. You just gotta sink that displacement pintail and send a rail and that baby turns. The turning and handling is still very new to me but I'm very intrigued by the characteristics of it vs a typical long board shape. If your someone who likes long boarding you would enjoy this board I swear ! That's if your willing to give up nose riding and the cross stepping techniques which go into Malibu shapes. I love malibous too hear me out on that please. I do however hate short boards and pretty much anything that I can't easily catch unbroken swells with. If you like to catch unbroken swells and cruise nice and easy but still sling big surf the Roy style is for you. If not that's cool too.

Surfing no matter what is great as long as you catch waves and have fun that's all that matters. I'm still convinced that this shape board is worthy of more respect and attention from surfers.

I like it all homie, bodysurfing, paipo, shortboard all the way to canoe, however, the board reminds me of a big wave gun with a clown nose. I cant help but be skeptical, and the other thing, while it may be a great shape according to some, it seems like in anything less than perfect surf would render it ineffective while other surfcraft can thrive in shee-it conditions.

If it was true genius, I reckon it would have been more widespread. bad ideas die and good ones prosper

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    2 things
    Forum silver, this is really good stuff.....MIS, ya making ya forum bones as one not to be trifled with.
    Chucka-boo-boo...? take note.
    Last edited by yankee; Oct 20, 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Forum silver, this is really good stuff.....MIS, ya making ya forum bones as one not to be trifled with.
    Chucka-boo-boo...? take note.
    your right the only way it can turn platinum is if i come in here and shred yall out the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    your right the only way it can turn platinum is if i come in here and shred yall out the thread.
    So what you waiting for, breh? Do your thing and then I'll come in and quantify the body count.