LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 505
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Small weak short period waves also occur here, you don't have a monopoly on them.
    Are you schitting me??? We stare at flat water. For weeks at a time. BE is down in the Carolinas. They get bumps there even when they think it's flat. It's still real small kine, though, some of the time. However, your proxemics to Antarctic swell makes your attempts at identifying with us here in New England hilarious. You're in Oceania while our ocean could damn near freeze over for pond hockey if our winter were like the summer.

    You can whittle you ark and I'll let you be, but don't be saying you're victimized by no flatness. Get a haircut hipster.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Your problem is that you are always making claims with no video evidence to prove anything. If we are going on hearsay, Clemson can back me up on our normal conditions in this area and how rideable they are with EC boards. He can also attest to the less than stellar performance of the Steve-Roy board in these conditions. He never claimed it was a bad board, but didn't work well in Washout (Folly) mush.
    Brew master, having had a life long experience on a Malibu shape in east coast marginal wind swell mush has made me very aware of this issue of being able to punch through the mush to keep into the wave braking section. That said it is in my opinion that any craft which can keep enough volume to stay buoyant through a slower mushy crumble section will work well around here. That's encompassing Malibu long boards , thick fish boards, sups, and yes even a Roy designed olo. You must realize that Roy has many designs , some thicker some thinner, varying rail shapes (50/50, 80/20, 70/30..etc) the varying shape will affect the the ride in any given condition. For example this makaha board I've built is excellent for a fast hollow waves with some size, without the fast clean wave I find that it has a hard time making it's true speed, but it's really the wave size that I find affects it mostly, the bigger the better obviously. But don't get me wrong I've surfed the makaha in knee to waist and it picks up everything but is it the best board for that, not in my opinion. I'm sure one of Roy's many designs would fit that knee to waist day perfectly.

    As for the Malibu, they catch east coast waves well and it's fun. But so is this 10-9 makaha of mine. It fits in quite well on York beach so far, it was such a thrill last Friday on the clean wind swell we were blessed with. Fast through the section and it did exactly what it's meant to do.

    As for the Steve board, it's not fair to attribute its performance to Roy's designs. After all it's designed by Steve. Plan shape, rocker, rail shape, fin set up, and other factors affect Steve's board. These small details make wild differences.

    So for any of you guys who wanna try my proper Roy board just come to York beach and send me a pm. It's Roy approved so you know it's good.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,018
    Images
    6
    Photo_082406_001.jpg

    Yup, that's me. This is what I do at work.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Photo_082406_001.jpg

    Yup, that's me. This is what I do at work.
    Duuuuuuuude!

    Forum Platinum & without question HOF material as a first-ever photo on SI!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    So for any of you guys who wanna try my proper Roy board just come to York beach and send me a pm. It's Roy approved so you know it's good.
    Will there be a bonfire....?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Photo_082406_001.jpg

    Yup, that's me. This is what I do at work.
    Admin swing the hammer. This guy is posting pictures of his crap and feeling very proud.

    You must work for the federal government seldom. Just sitting around collecting tax dollars, taking massive dumps and feeling accomplished.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Brew master, having had a life long experience on a Malibu shape in east coast marginal wind swell mush has made me very aware of this issue of being able to punch through the mush to keep into the wave braking section. That said it is in my opinion that any craft which can keep enough volume to stay buoyant through a slower mushy crumble section will work well around here. That's encompassing Malibu long boards , thick fish boards, sups, and yes even a Roy designed olo. You must realize that Roy has many designs , some thicker some thinner, varying rail shapes (50/50, 80/20, 70/30..etc) the varying shape will affect the the ride in any given condition. For example this makaha board I've built is excellent for a fast hollow waves with some size, without the fast clean wave I find that it has a hard time making it's true speed, but it's really the wave size that I find affects it mostly, the bigger the better obviously. But don't get me wrong I've surfed the makaha in knee to waist and it picks up everything but is it the best board for that, not in my opinion. I'm sure one of Roy's many designs would fit that knee to waist day perfectly.

    As for the Malibu, they catch east coast waves well and it's fun. But so is this 10-9 makaha of mine. It fits in quite well on York beach so far, it was such a thrill last Friday on the clean wind swell we were blessed with. Fast through the section and it did exactly what it's meant to do.

    As for the Steve board, it's not fair to attribute its performance to Roy's designs. After all it's designed by Steve. Plan shape, rocker, rail shape, fin set up, and other factors affect Steve's board. These small details make wild differences.

    So for any of you guys who wanna try my proper Roy board just come to York beach and send me a pm. It's Roy approved so you know it's good.
    Are you so far up Roy's bum that you can't comprehend what he posts. He didn't say his board performed as better than all other long boards in small crappy waves. He also stated his boards would work when others would not. Wild assumptions based on his limited experience with our better east coast shapes or any experience with US waves. It is one thing to say "my board should perform as well as other long boards based on what I have experienced." It is another thing to say "my board performs better than all long board shapes in all conditions." Get it? I know for a fact, that if there are waves, I will have a successful ride with a decent long board. I am not even a good surfer, but I know crappy waves very well. I surf them 12 months out of the year. I am ecstatic when the waves are waist high and semi-clean. Charleston isn't the worst surf area, but we are far from the best. But is still get out there and surf, even when it is ankle high mush.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,321
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Show me please.




    Small weak short period waves also occur here, you don't have a monopoly on them.
    dude are you kidding me as dude said you cant argue with some one for sc about ridding a choppy ankle high wave...we own that **** and can ride them better then anymore and shred. no matter what you say i guess us easter coasters can destroy ourwaves and your waves, but if you came to surf here your telling me you can ride a one foot chopped out pos wave...typical roy suart...frekin rookie.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,018
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Duuuuuuuude!

    Forum Platinum & without question HOF material as a first-ever photo on SI!
    Thank you sir, trying to think outside the box. Admin please don't listen to Chuck I'll stop.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ethernet
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    ride those waves but do moves as well....
    do moves? wtf?

    is that like 'making the sex' ?

    I just want to see a regular schmoe in shotty surf turn the board....is that too much to ask?