LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    This is the only video that resembles our normal surf, and any local longboarder would be out there riding in those conditions. All your other video I would consider pretty nice waves, and would grab my shorter board.

Really? one of the other videos is from the same session. Perhaps you are responding to the wetsuit colour which makes waves look drab and uninviting.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    You all do not exist as far as I'm actually concerned.
    Then shut up and go the FUK away for the love of god!

This video shows solid stomach to chest fairly clean waves. Again, we only see this maybe a couple times a month, and I would already be moving to a shorter board.
    You specified swell period not size and in any case the video you posted included waves of this size, which were also clean.

As i predicted, the keyboard experts will claim that they would ride those waves no problem and do better on them, the bottom line is that a wave looks better when one makes it, most didn't.

Images
    I would ride those waves no problem and do better on them. Regardless of the colour of my wetsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Then shut up and go the FUK away for the love of god!
    you could perhaps avoid threads which are not to your taste

Waist to stomach and semi clean. We see this only once a week, and I surf these conditions with a 7'4" or 6'8" egg.
    Impressive, since not even those on mals were getting far down the line.

It's always great to read top notch keyboard surfing.

Clean knee to thigh. Still looks pretty good to me. We would be longboarding for hours in that.
    Not even the SUP riders were getting down the line at all.

You'd be as disappointed as they were.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    You specified swell period not size and in any case the video you posted included waves of this size, which were also clean.

As i predicted, the keyboard experts will claim that they would ride those waves no problem and do better on them, the bottom line is that a wave looks better when one makes it, most didn't.
    Roy, would you consider an experiment?

Can you provide the SI crowd video of you surfing a generic foam board? What I would hope to find from the experiment would rely on your honesty and actually trying to surf a malibu or any other kind of board at the best of you ability. I'm interested to see if you may just be an excellent surfer whose wave knowledge might help them make waves better than the rest of the crowd or if it really is your boards.

Basically an experiment to see if it is the indian or the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    you could perhaps avoid threads which are not to your taste
    And you should perhaps avoid forums where all but one member disagree with everything you say and have asked for you to be banned. Oh wait then where would you go to recite your BS?

Perish the thought!

I used to do very well on 70's single fins, but if I go there I'll be riding my designs. Your suggestion is reasonable but I have a new 10'5" which I'm itching to dial in to once the endless spring westerlies abate.

Oh and thanks for the compliment.