LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Oh please. You are the king of keyboard surfing. YOU ARE POSTING VIDEOS OF MEDIUM SIZED SEMI CLEAN WAVES THAT SOUTH CAROLINIANS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE! If people in your area can't ride those, it is probably because they don't experience less than epic waves enough.
    For your information i have access to two coasts, but my home break of Mount Maunganui has the reputation of being the weakest break around.Back in the 70's the local surf shop owner used to tell the grommets that it wasn't even possible to learn to surf there.

Nevertheless the waves I posted were ridden by others, just rather slowly, and not very far or for very long.

As for keyboard surfing, let's see evidence that you ride waves. I've been posting mine.

Actually, I have repeated said his boards are nice and probably work well in the right conditions

They work well over a very wide range of conditions.

My issue was the superiority thing, and the rude comments made about other boards being built for looks rather than performance.

The truth can hurt, but I feel that you are man enough to take it.

Regarding looks vs performance, what I've said is that the boards are designed to do moves which are for looks, not that they are just wall hangers.

However, you talk to me like there is no way my east coast long board would allow me to make and ride the waves (beautiful waves, imo) in your videos.
    I like the Will Allison balsa board which you posted, and feel that it would do better than most of the boards I see, if it were scaled up correctly it would do even better.

By 'better' I mean in terms of pure wave making ability.

Images
    9-11 second period is no where near what we see.
    Really ? That's terrible. I'm not making this stuff up but Maine gets way better than this all winter long. The outer banks must have something to do with this ? Sounds to me like your hometown is hardly the surf Mecca? So your the pawn of the surf chess board right ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    He won't listen, Brew. And he surely won't listen to reason. He's like one of his creations: wooden with no senses.
    As opposed to foam filled with poison? See that's sounds stupid right? Thought so. Yankee your gonna have to start getting more creative if you seek successful mind game trolling.

Ahh the idiot convention circle jerking troll ring leader is swarming again, looking for its chance to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Having more success due to an equipment advantage makes the waves look better.

If you'd seen what the others were doing you'd think that the waves were much poorer in quality.

After one of the small sessions I posted a clip of here, an older surfer originally from the California came over and said that he'd never seen anything like it, that it was blowing his mind what my board was doing out there as he'd never seen waves like that being made there before.

That sort of comment happens with great regularity.

As I said some of the clips were in the 6 to 8 second period category.

Obviously not, since in your case you can't.

In my case I report that I can because I can, it's that simple.

Often riders of generic boards feel that they are doing ok until I get out there and start making sections that they can't make. This bursts their bubble, and it would no doubt happen to you if we surfed together.
    Blah blah blah, ego, blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    They work well over a very wide range of conditions.

The truth can hurt, but I feel that you are man enough to take it.

Regarding looks vs performance, what I've said is that the boards are designed to do moves which are for looks, not that they are just wall hangers.

Ego ego ego....

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Really ? That's terrible. I'm not making this stuff up but Maine gets way better than this all winter long. The outer banks must have something to do with this ? Sounds to me like your hometown is hardly the surf Mecca? So your the pawn of the surf chess board right ?
    I have never claimed it was surf mecca. We are not the worst on the east coast, but we do have many flat days. I am guessing 99% of the surfers in NZ would claim SC isn't worth surfing. However, we do surf it, and the right longboard will work almost anytime it isn't a lakefront.

I have never claimed it was surf mecca. We are not the worst on the east coast, but we do have many flat days. I am guessing 99% of the surfers in NZ would claim SC isn't worth surfing. However, we do surf it, and the right longboard will work almost anytime it isn't a lakefront.
    I'd say Rockaway Beach is the worst on the east coast....

I don't have the enthusiasm to go back and read all these posts to discover who I'm cheering for in this thread.... could someone give me the cliff notes?