LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 505
  1. #411
    I answer as clearly and honestly as I can, and as stated when I reply to parts of a long post I do so without changing the meaning of the ideas presented... in fact isolating ideas in order to answer them enables clearer answers to be given and helps to eliminate the 'between the lines' emotional or 'implied but not stated' content, as I have already explained.

    It's normal practice for academic discussion, and I choose to answer in a more academic style because it is clearer and more logical than some other methods. It's also been my experience over the past ten years that a dry academic method of conversation helps to keep threads from becoming overemotional bun fights.

    As for the comment that I'm being 'defensive' that's an example of attributing emotion to a post which implies none. Certainly any time I disagree with a post which criticises my activities or writing, I am technically being 'defensive', but as you know the phrase 'being defensive' is usually used to imply a negative emotion or mental state. That is not the case,.

    Defence of one's position is a legitimate activity, would you prefer that I went for the counter attack tactic? I can do that also.


    .

  2. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    I'll wait...
    When I posted the tube shot above it was in response to a poster who claimed that my boards have never seen the inside of a tube, ever.

    So, the picture refuted that statement.

    Then, it is pointed out that the picture is not video of me making a tube, and that it could have been achieved on a refrigerator door ( which is highly unlikely).

    I appreciate that there is a desire to see more and I'm pleased about that, but I predict that when and if I do post such a video the response will be along the lines that anyone could do that on a fish/mal/sup/refrigerator door, and that this moving of the goalposts will continue.

    Again I understand that this is a natural expression of the desire to see more of the capabilities of the designs, but I'm just pointing out that in my opinion posting a video of a tube section being made won't change much in terms of the naysayer's behaviour... although it would certainly be nice to see and appreciated by some... mostly by those who already appreciate my videos.

    .

  3. #413
    This is not a "tube shot." It's a waist high close out. If you made it out I'll by a Roy board.

    closeout.jpg

  4. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    When I posted the tube shot above it was in response to a poster who claimed that my boards have never seen the inside of a tube, ever.

    So, the picture refuted that statement.

    Then, it is pointed out that the picture is not video of me making a tube, and that it could have been achieved on a refrigerator door ( which is highly unlikely).

    I appreciate that there is a desire to see more and I'm pleased about that, but I predict that when and if I do post such a video the response will be along the lines that anyone could do that on a fish/mal/sup/refrigerator door, and that this moving of the goalposts will continue.

    Again I understand that this is a natural expression of the desire to see more of the capabilities of the designs, but I'm just pointing out that in my opinion posting a video of a tube section being made won't change much in terms of the naysayer's behaviour... although it would certainly be nice to see and appreciated by some... mostly by those who already appreciate my videos.

    .
    I made the refrigerator door comment... I was only half serious. but in all fairness my local break... its very rare to have hollow days and most of my tube rides end up getting clamped and are not make able.....
    but I really would be interested in seeing if your board is capable... because there is no video of your boards making a steep drop and pulling in and getting pitted... so pitted.
    don't get so piiiiiiisy about it and know that no one can refute video evidence of a beautiful tube ride no matter the board.

  5. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I appreciate that there is a desire to see more and I'm pleased about that, but I predict that when and if I do post such a video the response will be along the lines that anyone could do that on a fish/mal/sup/refrigerator door, and that this moving of the goalposts will continue.

    Again I understand that this is a natural expression of the desire to see more of the capabilities of the designs, but I'm just pointing out that in my opinion posting a video of a tube section being made won't change much in terms of the naysayer's behaviour... although it would certainly be nice to see and appreciated by some... mostly by those who already appreciate my videos.
    .
    We are simply looking for evidence of why your boards cost so much and are so much better, and so far the only "proof" has been your testimony and a few vids/pics of trimming on weak waves. You can start by showing your boards making steep drops and out of the tube. Does that mean everyone will accept they are better and start lining up to buy one? Or course not. But it would be the first step, and if you produce that hard evidence I for one will back you up that it can be done on your boards. Think of it as a necessary but not sufficient condition.

    Prove point number one, and the discussion can shift to why your boards are better for making that wave. You may be telling the gods honest truth about your boards, but being that you are the one selling them I can't accept your personal testimony.

    A Ferrari costs a lot more than my Maxima, but there's plenty of empirical proof as to why it outperforms it. Honestly, I'm not trying to bash you, I just want to see hard evidence as to why your boards are better.

  6. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    This is not a "tube shot." It's a waist high close out. If you made it out I'll by a Roy board.

    closeout.jpg
    Waist high ? Idk man. Over head easily. Looks like closing out but still in the tube If a sup can ride in he tube I believe a hot Kurl can get in as well.

  7. #417
    This thread is everything to why the forum has gone "down the tubes", no pun intended. It's a senseless, cyclical argument that is getting very personal and redundant. Lots of long posts saying the same things. Roy, if you have an axe to grind and prove the HotCarl can get tubed then dammit get tubed and show film of it. That easy. If you're a skeptic of Roy and have a guilty until proven innocent stance, then simply consider this subject to be at rest until he furnishes the proof asked for.

    IT'S THAT EASY PEOPLE. Stop perpetuating what's become a terrible thread in a terrible way.

  8. #418
    That is definitely not an easily overhead wave. Looks waist, maaaybe chest. He's practically sitting down.
    I can skip a rock into a tube. Doesn't mean it got tubed.

    Quote Originally Posted by White Sea Ape View Post
    Waist high ? Idk man. Over head easily. Looks like closing out but still in the tube If a sup can ride in he tube I believe a hot Kurl can get in as well.

  9. #419
    Waist high does not cover you up Fwend

  10. #420
    Never seen a hollow chest high wave? Maybe waist is a little small, but closer than overhead