LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    8ft if no one saw it and your telling your buddies over a beer.

Totally caught an overhelmut wave today brah

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    I hate this Head high O-head bull****. Whos head? Call it like it is, thats a 6 ft wave call it 7 when it bottoms out.
    Most surfers are emotionally incapable of doing that. Wave height under calling has become a prerequisite for 'tribe' membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    This picture is of the same wave.

Based on the line in the pic I would guess that is a still from a video right? If so post the whole video and end this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    I hate this Head high O-head bull****. Whos head? Call it like it is, thats a 6 ft wave call it 7 when it bottoms out.
    What's wrong with judging wave height by relevance to your body? Pretty basic really. And good way to judge. Hey this site uses that same form of wave height measurement. Kooky stick to the ankle high eh

Quote Originally Posted by White Sea Ape View Post
    What's wrong with judging wave height by relevance to your body? Pretty basic really. And good way to judge. Hey this site uses that same form of wave height measurement. Kooky stick to the ankle high eh
    What's wrong with it is:

a) That it is provides less regular and accurate units of measurement than feet do.

b) It doesn't stop undercalling. Often people undercall with the system just as badly.

c) It also tends to make people only measure the part of the wave from the feet up, they ignore the part of the wave below the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Based on the line in the pic I would guess that is a still from a video right?
    That's right.

If so post the whole video and end this debate.
    What debate are you referring to?

Posting the video won't end any debate which I'm aware of.

Here it is anyway. I took a low line for a reason.

Well usually I cross reference between magic seaweed and here. Magic seaweed is in feet and swellinfo uses the head high scale so I just go when it's green and better than waist high. Wave measurement is like catching fish. It's always bigger than it was , it's a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    . I took a low line for a reason.

judging from your stance that reason was constipation?

Okay so you posted a video of you pulling into a close out and getting stuffed. Still does not show your board making a barrel. Perhaps if you had some more speed you could have made it out before it closed on ya.