LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 274

Thread: Hello

  1. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Wow. While I've been absent to chart the escalating hostility in this thread, Just checked in for my morning dose of SI and came upon this. Using the parlance of our times, I'm 'lmfao'. Boys, I know it's choppy with a lot of drift, but isn't there some swell in the water? Chuck there's been some serious drift the past couple days save some shoulder energy dude!

    240 for 8 on the bench isn't bad...but Chuck, don't go advertising that 320 squat dude, at your siaze, should be 450 easy. Please don't use the sonic ear clap on me for saying that.
    True dat on the squat. And don't consider it even a conversation if you're not at the very least to a 90 degree parallel, preferably lower. I literally don't lift these days anymore due to daily hours on the Carver and the waves and keeping diet very clean. I'm 175 and can lay down on an incline bench and put 225 up 6-8x on incline any day not lifting in a while. That equates to 125-133% greater on flat bench. When I was doing comps at the 198 class, I did 225 for 22 reps on flat bench and my best ever was 315 for 6 at a body weight of 212. Back then when I did bother to squat I would rep 405 for 12, and 20 reps sets if they were breathing (pausing in btwn reps) squats.

    In no way am I tooting my own horn here, just putting into perspective that you shouldn't go listing lift stats unless they're relatively impressive. This ain't meant to be about me at all brahs, I don't even currently lift or care about it. 240 for 8 on flat at 220lbs body weight (what RoyCharles boasted), well I had HS teammates that could do that and strength only goes up with age because of progressive maturation of the neuromuscular connection and motor unit recruitment over the course of your life. The guys that win lift comps are commonly upper 30s sometimes older.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,435
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Wow. While I've been absent to chart the escalating hostility in this thread, Just checked in for my morning dose of SI and came upon this. Using the parlance of our times, I'm 'lmfao'. Boys, I know it's choppy with a lot of drift, but isn't there some swell in the water? Chuck there's been some serious drift the past couple days save some shoulder energy dude!

    240 for 8 on the bench isn't bad...but Chuck, don't go advertising that 320 squat dude, at your siaze, should be 450 easy. Please don't use the sonic ear clap on me for saying that.
    that sounds like a challenge to a bench off?kick his ass,but instead i think yall should flip tires and pull cars that will really show how manly great surfers you are. also make sure to invite all the bros and sponsors like (fist pump for excellence) (roidz) you know the typical house hold jersey names.

  3. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen you produce Emass. Cheers!

    And yeah.... That is a phvckton of hula-hoops right there!
    Yeah braw, I was waiting to hear some doo-wop playing on the boom box and see these guys bust out in a sock hop doing the twist and sharing milkshakes no-homo. 50's baby. Good decade. Maine clearly still resides in Pleasantville.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,435
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Yeah braw, I was waiting to hear some doo-wop playing on the boom box and see these guys bust out in a sock hop doing the twist and sharing milkshakes no-homo. 50's baby. Good decade. Maine clearly still resides in Pleasantville.
    really stepping up the game here arnt ya? cheers! so if i go to Maine i can get a milkshake goly g wilikers and run into towns that still think its 1950! i think ill drive there today.

  5. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    really stepping up the game here arnt ya? cheers! so if i go to Maine i can get a milkshake goly g wilikers and run into towns that still think its 1950! i think ill drive there today.
    Aw shucks SB, you know that Spicoli been smooth since days of underoos neva lose. Your A-game has brought out the best in me this week so let tag team these nerds. Head up 95 and I'll jump in with ya brah. We can charge the diners of Maine and go all the way with wahines in poodle skirts that wanna make it with dreamboat brahs. Plus, the swell up there is awfully swell!

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ethernet
    Posts
    2,658
    bump?

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveSlayer View Post
    Whoa brah! I've got no beef with you. What's your dealio?
    yeah bro, the dealio?

  8. #218
    What happened to Roy? I miss seeing his boards. The guy is a genius. I hope the haters didn't run him off. Probably sold one of his boards, has left his family, bought an island occupied with nekkid nubiles. Lucky guy.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    What happened to Roy? I miss seeing his boards. The guy is a genius. I hope the haters didn't run him off. Probably sold one of his boards, has left his family, bought an island occupied with nekkid nubiles. Lucky guy.
    Dude you know, Gnomes are nomadic creatures. Hit one site for a bit then move on to the next. Kind of like a parasite.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,999
    Images
    6
    Bump. To juxtapose with the MJ Hello I'm Back Thread.