LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Karen Video

sweet vid, les...glad you guys got some!

Right on! Looks like people havin a good time. From someone that never takes pics or video, good job.

Images
    Hey Mr. Les,

Great video. Think I watched it 20 times now. Those last few weeks of October were awesome here in Galveston. We're finally gonna get something bigger than ripples this weekend! Maybe Karen will have a second visit this year!

Images
    Looks like fun. Definitely tricky waves with all that backwash and water moving. Requires a different approach obviously. Been to the GC once when I was a kid. My brother lives over that way in Texas, so one of these days I might be in G-Town, but the chances of me being there, with anything remotely like that is probably not happening.

Cool video though. Is that pretty much the max-out size over there? I feel like my area can handle up to about 8 feet, but regardless of the swell size, it kinda only breaks about up to that.

Images
    I've only been here 3 years, but those waves last Oct were the biggest I've seen here. I'd guess the biggest sets were couple feet OH, but most were 5-6ft. I'm not sure I'd go out if it got bigger. Currents can take you way down the beach. Have to walk a few blocks between each wave sometimes, unless you're a paddling machine. If we ever get that stuff again, it would have to be a cyclone making it, not the local wind swell. You'd be able to see it comin for days before.

Images
    Well... maybe it does get bigger than 8. I wasn't here for IKE. My Mom and sis were. They had to evacuate. It's kinda hard to say how big these waves were, but the seawall is anywhere from 10 feet up and higher. No way anybody's going surfing out there. My landlord said the water in my yard was 4-5 feet deep. There's places all over town that have "IKE Lines" on the buildings showing where the water was around 3-4 feet deep.

Images
    What's it look like today Paulie?

Images
    Headin out to the pier now now. Lightning passed and dudes are showin up. Looks at least waist at the pier. Bigger sets. Gnarly, but aint picky!

http://www.ohanasurfandskate.com/surfcam.html

Images
    Nice! Hopefully tomorrow for me.

Images
    Hey Nat. I think it oughta be nice tomorrow. I saw waist high, with a few bigger, but... Unfortunately, I'll be watchin from the beach.

My adventure today: http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...Machine/page34

Have fun!