LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Last Night

  1. #1

    Last Night

    Anyone else get out there last night? My brother and I made the decision to just go out there, knowing the next few days may be big but un-ridable with these strong onshore winds and wow... it was just the two of us riding super fun, gnarly waves in the waist - stomach high range. Lots of little peaks rolling through, with lots of force, shooting you down the line as another wave doubled up on the inside...

    ...and that sunrise last night, thats just another subject in its own.. ive never seen a sky more orange over the ocean then turn dark only to look back over the land and see the most brilliant bright and deep yellow sky... mother nature's pretty damn amazing.

    ...hopefully these winds shift offshore on the backside of this storm!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,645
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by shorebreaker View Post
    ...and that sunrise last night, thats just another subject in its own.. ive never seen a sky more orange over the ocean then turn dark only to look back over the land and see the most brilliant bright and deep yellow sky... mother nature's pretty damn amazing.
    F**kin' A brotha!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    395
    I got out this morning in central long island. Waist to chest high, lots of power. It had a decent amount of texture but was still rideable and a blast. Only 2 other guys out everyone else just watched. I hear you on the sunset to that's awesome. My favorite part about surfing, beside actually surfing, is the beautiful things you see at dawn/dusk patrol

  4. #4
    BassMon... sounds like the same session I had last night... can't beat it... and can not agree more with dawn/dusk patrol sessions... always nice and quiet, no one out there and some pretty amazing eye candy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Two Rivers Area, NJ
    Posts
    238
    Usually have a lot of fun surfing sloppy onshores, definitely underrated. If you are patient and willing to move around, you can find some really fun fast sections. Looking forward to finding some this weekend. Never mind, you should only surf when it is glassy offshore and knee high.

  6. #6
    Damn right, man...that sky was amazing...turned pink, then orange and against the clouds...it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Glad I was in the water to experience it, then got a hell of a barrel!
    What a night!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,777
    If I saw the sunrise at night i'd be stoked as well, glad you guys scored!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If I saw the sunrise at night i'd be stoked as well, glad you guys scored!
    +1 on the sunrise at night... lmao.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    Usually have a lot of fun surfing sloppy onshores, definitely underrated. If you are patient and willing to move around, you can find some really fun fast sections. Looking forward to finding some this weekend. Never mind, you should only surf when it is glassy offshore and knee high.
    Totally agree.. I feel some of my funnest sessions come during sloppy onshore days when everyone stays home... can't beat an empty break with big, fast sections rolling through. Def. underrated IMO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,777
    Quote Originally Posted by shorebreaker View Post
    +1 on the sunrise at night... lmao.
    HAHA, i knew what you meant, just couldn't resist, sounds like a magical dusk patrol session, those are some of the best