LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Definitely too small but you already learned that by how it didn't perform. I believe rule of thumb is 1" for every foot your board is, so at 9'2" you probably want to go with a 9" single or maybe an 8 like Bassplayer has
    I couldn't ride mine with just the 8'' rake, but with the side bites it loosens the board up and is so much fun. The 9'' is for going straight and noseriding. You really have to work hard to get all the way around on a cut back.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    I couldn't ride mine with just the 8'' rake, but with the side bites it loosens the board up and is so much fun. The 9'' is for going straight and noseriding. You really have to work hard to get all the way around on a cut back.
    Yeah definitely depends on the board, I was just saying as a "rule of thumb", I have a 8'1" and it came with a 7" and side bites, I switched to a 8" and dropped the side bites and it loosed it up a lot and it's so much more fun to ride, easier to turn, etc., so just depends I suppose

Once, my buddy went out with his 9'2" longoard without a fin and dragged his inside toes. It was really clean but about shoulder to head high, and by God it worked. He then informed me that is how the old Hawaiians did it before they had fins. I was duly impressed, but have never tried it. Anybody else seen this or done it?

BTW, I have a 8" Ames squirrel cutaway on my 9'0" longboard. It is a single fin set up and the board has lots of rocker. It is super loose, and turns and cutbacks real smooth. It handles choppy days up to about shoulder to head high, then it starts to spin out. (But that is when I use one of my shortboards.) On clean days it can handle a couple foot overhead. I just go drop knee on the backside bottom turn and its all good.
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Oct 9, 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Once, my buddy went out with his 9'2" longoard without a fin and dragged his inside toes. It was really clean but about shoulder to head high, and by God it worked. He then informed me that is how the old Hawaiians did it before they had fins. I was duly impressed, but have never tried it. Anybody else seen this or done it?
    You must be too young to have seen "North Shore". Nia Peeples, yo

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    that is so cool. I wish I had that kinda "classic surfer mojo zeal" motivation for my "experiment" today...but really I was just not thinking. I thought pot was sposed to make your brain cells tougher and more agile? Toight like a Tiger... boy was I wrong

Sorry, BBG, but I totally wish I could have seen this. The waves were looking pretty heavy this morning - can't wait to get off so I can ride a few. I might have an old set of side bites laying around incase your friend isn't planning on giving your set back. I know I at least have one, but I can't really remember where the other one is. I'll do some searching around when I get back home.

If you or anyone else is looking for a larger fin, just let me know.
    - 9.75" Greenough Stage-6 (Red) - Probably a little too big for your 9'2"
    - 9" Wingnut Rainbow Sweep (black with blue trim) - Easily my favorite fin, but my style is forever changing.

I'm also looking to unload a skateboard with Seismic trucks. The trucks are clearly the gem here.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    this is kinda what was going thru my mind the whole time... 556648_10201552901837738_2010500815_n.jpg

I am old, but apparently ignorance has no age limit. I'll have to YouTube Nia Peeples, yo and see. Thanks bro!

Some times the weed makes me faster, most times it makes me slower. But I am faster than the world, faster than the world, faster than the world, I can't slow down!

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    this is kinda what was going thru my mind the whole time... 556648_10201552901837738_2010500815_n.jpg
    That is ****ing awesome!