LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Cool Theoretical best surf spots

Ok maybe im not the only one whos thought of this?

So what would the best theoretical surf spot for certain surf conditions.

Lets say we have a spot that has a great swell window. But is plagued by onshore winds. What kind of jetty shapes or artificial reef setups would be best to enhance a surf spot.

What kind of crazy technology could be implemented to a break to enhance it?

Could you put giant turbines on the beach to always push "offshore" winds?

Or a giant 40ft wall to block side shore winds?

*insert joke about 23ft waves here*

Images
    Define your perfect wave first.

Yea, let's talk the Theory of Surfing....

I'll try sinking my neighbors honda del slow at my local break. Any improvement in surf conditions would be an added plus to never seeing or hearing that thing again. Will report back...

Since this is a lark...I propose that this theoretical break be located on a planet with at least two moons.

Can you imagine the swell implications? Moon tides? I can't wait.

Gonna bring my longboard and I'm never comin' back.

I used to be a geology major, and always used to think of where the best wave was ever on the planet. You know that somewhere in the geological past there has been a setup that was just mind bogglingly good. There have probably been barrels so long, they make superbank and skeleton bay look like tiddlywinks.

A point break that breaks equally well on the right side as the left side and is small enough to walk across when you get tired of going one direction. I know there was that one in california then they built a harbor (they talk about it in One California Day).

Boner I'm with you, could you imagine back during Pangea or when the dinosaurs were around or when the oceans were forming?! Must have been some insanely massive perfect waves. Probably thousands of feet high! How bout when the Meteors hit and caused mass extinction? Must have been some good swells from that!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I'll try sinking my neighbors honda del slow at my local break. Any improvement in surf conditions would be an added plus to never seeing or hearing that thing again. Will report back...
    +1 for the artificial reef
    +1 for another rice racer removed from the earth
    when do we start?

SimpsonsRicer_rodtod.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by LeastCoast View Post
    +1 for the artificial reef
    +1 for another rice racer removed from the earth
    when do we start?
    Even Ricers make Jesus cry