Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I do get the point of the jet ski DPSUP, have you ever been at drifty big Rodanthe? I reckon taking some lickins, drifting faster than you can walk, and getting 2 waves in 45 min if your lucky is a right of passage for EC surfers and it is a sheet-ton of work.

However, if I had the chance to use a ski, I reckon I would do it, but if other guys were paddling, I'd feel like a soppy wet vag before too long.
    Point is there is a time and place, and if you are surfing less than death defying waves while other guys are paddling, you are wrong. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Point is there is a time and place, and if you are surfing less than death defying waves while other guys are paddling, you are wrong. IMHO
    That's all i'm saying here

[QUOTE=zaGaffer;19519

Not that I'm gonna get aggregated[/QUOTE]

at least you know what that word means, haha!
    very well played

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Jet ski? On one condition. They have to be willing to bring me out slices of pizza or some such when my tummy gets empty to keep me from getting all pouty. ha. That'd be a great Snickers commercial! Tow on!

Freudian slip aka phone auto correct

Images
    I saw a cam for Rodanthe yesterday too, looked sick! Wish I was there! I saw it on www.surfchex.com though. Try it. No ads, just a free HD cam of basically any beach in NC and SC. It also has squan on it too though.

Images
    I was at S-turns today and watched as wave after perfect wave came in. I mean if you took a picture of them they would be in a magazine the waves looked that good. It was head high maybe up to double over head on the biggest bomb sets (this is from my point of view, some might dispute this and call it much smaller). Anyhow it was friggin perfect with some really good surfers out. In the 20 minutes I watched not one person make it into and out of those perfect cavernous barrels. The only guy that came close was pinched right at the end when the whole thing imploded. These were all paddlers that probably wished they could have been flung into a few.
    Last edited by Zippy; Oct 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM.

Aaaaaaand, it's still going off today..... Dropped in size a little but still clean and throaty. Wish I didn't have unavoidable obligations this weekend--but that's how it always happens.

Agreed its a Crutch.... It looks fun and Id probably try it if someone showed up with a ski. If this is happening every time there is some river style current or howling offshore winds to fight its a crutch just accept it. Part of surfing is paddling your ass off against strong currents and wind in your face, just saying...

I guess it's better than a CAMEL TOW

caz6jw05raad9z.jpg