LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Speaking of OBX: is corolla ever any good? offshore winds and swell today and as alwasys the surf report pictures look lousy. Does it get good there?

I'm not sure what type of camera/lens the guy uses but the pics never seem to match the report. It's usually the exact opposite of the Buxton report that says something like "3-4+ semi choppy - Nothing Special" after weeks of lake Atlantic conditions.

It's almost as if EmassSpicoli does the corolla report and NJShredmachine does the buxton one.
    Last edited by goosemagoo; Oct 14, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: can't spell

I think a lot of people are judging the waves in Rodanthe by the looks of the cam and have not actually been there to walk a mile north/south just to drift into the best break for one maybe 2 rides before your a mile the other way. I think tow in's/step offs are just as gay as the next surfer but I do think that If I had a ski I would use it for positioning myself on the peak of the wave. that way you can save some energy for actually paddling into a wave instead of using all your strength to get to where you need to be.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Speaking of OBX: is corolla ever any good? offshore winds and swell today and as alwasys the surf report pictures look lousy. Does it get good there?

These pics are what you call "lousy"?? Geez SE NC has had nothing but closing out NE wind slop for days...Id kill for this kinda set rolling thru right about noooow...