LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ironically, what's more of a crutch?? Using a ski to increase your wave count instead of hopelessly drifting 3 miles down the beach over the course of an hour to catch 4 waves that you happen to luckily be in position for or throwing in the towel reaching the modest age of 30 and turning to a SUP to increase your wave count because you're hopelessly unskilled and out of shape?

A crutch is a crutch is a crutch

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    A crutch is a crutch is a crutch
    They said the same thing about leashes when they came out. Now everybody uses one. I'd happily jump on that ski instead of paddling out through what I saw there yesterday. Another thing is that they weren't towing in, they were doing step offs.

By the way, go look at Brett Barley's sequence on Surfline today. There was definitely some size to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    They said the same thing about leashes when they came out. Now everybody uses one. I'd happily jump on that ski instead of paddling out through what I saw there yesterday. Another thing is that they weren't towing in, they were doing step offs.

By the way, go look at Brett Barley's sequence on Surfline today. There was definitely some size to it.
    I know Losttsol, i'm not hating on them, just giving ole Peglegs a hard time, and he knows why. I got no beef with those dudes on skis (as long as they don't endanger others), although i'd personally paddle out (not on my SUP) and take my chances, I've been in much tougher conditions and wouldn't even consider a ski, but to it's their own...

I'd bet $ that Brett paddled into that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I'd bet $ that Brett paddled into that one too.
    Completely agree with SKegLegs about shifty currents and small takeoff zones
    Last edited by shacktime00; Oct 11, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

I don't see the big deal, looks fun to me, 5-6ft and shifty, sounds like a lot of days we get each year

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/se...barley_103005/

sick shots, glad he linked with photog and got his meal ticket shot, but he should stay outta the way of the bros doing it for fun

Hey Skeglegs, about a year ago my friend and I got down to Rodanthe just as a strong nor'easter was blowing in...we headed down to Frisco and found 8' freight train barrels. I paddled out, yes I drifted down about 1 mile or more and only caught a couple waves. Later, we watched guys getting rides on ski's into 'em. While I will say it looked like a lot fun, I still don't believe there is a need to use a ski here on the east, except for some rare occasions.

Say what you will, but I'll never have as much respect for someone who uses a ski to ride waves as much as someone who paddles out.

Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Say what you will, but I'll never have as much respect for someone who uses a ski to ride waves as much as someone who paddles out.
    Yeah dude Mick Fanning and Julian Wilson are total kooks who can't shred. http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satelli...21243223871184

Same with Bruce Irons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDuxRkJH2rI