LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any thoughts on the 7s wave magnet???

I recently posted a thread and received some great advice from the SI community. After 5 years I have learned all I could from my 7"4" Ricky CArroll funboard and after researching online I found the 7S Wave Magnet.

I am 200lbs and surf in NJ mainly with random trips to PR and Nica. Any thoughts on this board???? Thanks,

WopWop

I think its like taking the fat chick home from the bar without even going for hotties

^^^yup. 7s=suck

WW77 if you want extra volume, see a local shaper to hook it up, dont go with a corpo mass produced dealie, I think any shaper that has a 1-800 number should be avoided. juss saying

7s = popout. If you are into a 7s, shape probably isn't critical, you just found a nice easy board to ride. Bring those requirements to a local shaper and keep your money on your island.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    7s = popout. If you are into a 7s, shape probably isn't critical, you just found a nice easy board to ride. Bring those requirements to a local shaper and keep your money on your island.
    +1 on staying local.
    Had one in my medieval clueless times, didn't like it, rides like concrete, learned the hard way (no pun intended), that was 5 yrs ago, gave it away.

Point taken. I like the way you think.

P.S. Fatties need loving too. Just not from me......

lol fatties need lovin too, are you saying you only take home smoke show women?

The Rusty BigCat is a great board for the big guy. They will make it in whatever length you want, stuff it with volume & off you go. Not just for big fellers, either; everyone likes the BigCat's wave-catching props & snappiness.

Images
    Absolutely agree in staying local.

[Not sure how anyone can honestly recommend a Rusty, CI or any 'mass produced label' over 7s though. So many of these big names are making boards just like 7s nowadays. Don't be foolin' yourself that your Merrick Biscuit was made any differently (or has any more 'soul') than a 7s Fish. -- As part of full disclosure, I have a 6'3" 7s Cog and - as a quad - it rides as good as numerous CI boards I own/have owned. ]

They're not local but many NJ locals have a hard-on for Chemistry (I don't see it but check 'em out).

As with anything though, stay local. Personally, I'm a big fan of Mencel Surfboards.

Peace.