LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    I think yall are mistaking the technical manufacturing term of a pop out.......Popouts are the result of additive manufacturing where a liquid is blown into a mold and said mold is now the completed product

vs someone using a blank (that was blown into a mold) and cnc machine shapes it down....This is subtractive manufacturing, if I have my terms right

so while you might call a 7s a popout in the common bro speak, people who know about manufacturing wont call it a popout as this is an inaccurate term

All of this doesnt change the fact that if you are surfing a 7s near me I will backpaddle you till the sun goes down
    +1, way to clarify the dif. And agreed with the back paddling as payback.

I had to edit it again as I was a little bit wrong, you wont like the edit, luckily I have an industrial designer in the house to keep me on point

at 27, being called a kiddie is one heck of a compliment. Maybe I will one day understand the zen of funboards, and the awesomeness of a mass produced surfboard from china. Maybe one day I'll even understand how the chinese sweat shop works. For now I'll stick to my hand made, mostly locally shaped longboards and shortboards. You know, ones with peoples handwriting under the glass. Most even say "For Lee". It's pretty rad. That 7S will just have a 9 digit number on it.

I think I heard my girl say that she wants a funboard. It would be pink with flowers all over it. Yeah. Anyhow, 7S = GLOBAL SURF INDUSTRIES = POP OUT. My final word, right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    at 27, being called a kiddie is one heck of a compliment. Maybe I will one day understand the zen of funboards, and the awesomeness of a mass produced surfboard from china. Maybe one day I'll even understand how the chinese sweat shop works. For now I'll stick to my hand made, mostly locally shaped longboards and shortboards. You know, ones with peoples handwriting under the glass. Most even say "For Lee". It's pretty rad. That 7S will just have a 9 digit number on it.

I think I heard my girl say that she wants a funboard. It would be pink with flowers all over it. Yeah. Anyhow, 7S = GLOBAL SURF INDUSTRIES = POP OUT. My final word, right or wrong.
    When you're young elite and agile I recommend the best hpsb you can find. Forty years will go by quickly and you'll find yourself winded and over the hill and if you still surf you'll be on what you call a funboard. One thing about the cookie cutter CSI boards you know what you're getting. I've had many local cutoms that sucked and didn't work...open that young mind and have some respect for those who have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jai-Guru View Post
    When you're young elite and agile I recommend the best hpsb you can find. Forty years will go by quickly and you'll find yourself winded and over the hill and if you still surf you'll be on what you call a funboard. One thing about the cookie cutter CSI boards you know what you're getting. I've had many local cutoms that sucked and didn't work...open that young mind and have some respect for those who have been there.
    been where exactly?
    when 40 years have gone by i'll get a board shaped by the same local shaper who been surfing the same waves as me. we about the same age so he'll understand what i need. what Lee said was right having something made just for you is no comparroson for that 7s hunk a junk.

a bought a used board that was shaped for some one else. it says for Adam. yuch

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    been where exactly?
    when 40 years have gone by i'll get a board shaped by the same local shaper who been surfing the same waves as me. we about the same age so he'll understand what i need. what Lee said was right having something made just for you is no comparroson for that 7s hunk a junk.

Adam Yauch RIP
    You got MCA's old board??!! SWEET.

Now tell me that wasn't clever!

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Adam Yauch RIP
    You got MCA's old board??!! SWEET.

Now tell me that wasn't clever!
    i can't tell you that. it certainly was

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    been where exactly?

+1,000,000! Buy local from knowledgable shapers and you will not regret it. I had a 7S Super Fish 8 or so years ago when they first came out and boy did it suck big time. Unstable, dinged way to easliy and just an all around hunk of dog crap. 7S are made for folks who go once a year to the beach on the family vacation and want a "cool" looking board so others will think they surf. I personally prefer local shaped boards made to meet my needs and the waves and free of any logos or decorations (colors are cool but no stickers or crap).