LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States

What's with the music on self-produced surf videos...???

This thread was inspired by DPSUP who got me excited to watch THICKER THAN WATER... and although I'm not a (big) fan of Jack Johnson, ANYTHING is better than the music that accompanies MOST self-produced surf movies... be that speed metal (often used when the waves are tiny what??) , or reggae (which I like--its just that its never good reggae on surf vids), or the wonderful music of "dude check out my friends band!!"... Usually I just click the sound off and turn up whatever british invasion / Thin Lizzy /Coltrane record I happen to have going on at the time. So basically if you want to make a killer video and you're under 30...don't use music off of your IPOD...steal some of your stoner uncle's music. The rest of the surfing world will thank you

I usually mute the surf vid and have a song playing in the background on youtube.some songs go better than the actual soundtrack of the surf vid.for instance,i watched a mavs video the other day with led zeppelin levee break song and everytime the music got slow the surf would be slow motion.also London calling by the clash,london is drowning and I,i live by tha riveeeeeeeerrrr

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    I usually mute the surf vid and have a song playing in the background on youtube.some songs go better than the actual soundtrack of the surf vid.for instance,i watched a mavs video the other day with led zeppelin levee break song and everytime the music got slow the surf would be slow motion.also London calling by the clash,london is drowning and I,i live by tha riveeeeeeeerrrr
    You hit the nail on the head cep! That and some Pennywise for a good aggro session soundtrack. And don't forget A/C D/C "He's Got Big Balls" for the Mavs footage. "Longer" - a video on Joel Tudor has some great jazz tracks that go perfectly with his outlandish footwork. And there is always the Ramones for the soundtrack of our lives. And maybe some Dance Hall Crashers for some high def ( it should be in ultra high def) chick surfing clips.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    yup cep!... LED ZEP is never frowned upon!

if someone is making a surf vid with rap music.... you're a kook.

but for the record i hate rap too

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    if someone is making a surf vid with rap music.... you're a kook.
    http://www.surfermag.com/videos/again-2/

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    yeah I saw that vid the other day and I remember thinking how the music sucked. but then again, when I wrote the initial rap sucks thing I was thinking of us regular people not surfing's version of spider man!

a Surf vid with rap music and surfers with baggy wet suits would be off the hook!

Quote Originally Posted by bad board View Post
    a Surf vid with rap music and surfers with baggy wet suits would be off the hook!
    Especially if the wetty is 14/13/12 with 11mm booties that are big enough to fit Shaq and the dude wearing them is KS sized.

red fang, torche, ASG, white tiger, RX bandits. should be on all surf vids.