LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 121
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    not much difference. Depending on the war, it could actually be better. You are proposing GROSS abuses of govt power. Are you a big fan of Margaret Sanger by any chance??
    Without picking sides here, arent forced sterilization and wars both exercises of government power? You seem to be implying that sterilization is some sort of government action, while war isn't? Really?

    Pumpmaster - I'm curious how you would answer this:
    Which would you view as the greater abuse of gov't power, and why:

    1) Government A sterilizes women following delivery of their __ child (lets say 2 or 3 for sake of argument) for alleged economic reasons.
    2) Government B invades another country and kills people for alleged religious or economic reasons, including bystanders

    Also as a means of population control, wars seem like a very costly, economically harmful, environmentally devastating way to reach that same end.
    Last edited by South Bethany; Oct 14, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,194
    forced sterilization targets the innocent and tramples on all rights. war, depending on the cause, does not always do so. believe it or not, not all wars are bad, more a necessary evil.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    one more thing, BE, pelase read Shirly Jackson's the lottery, here is a link:

    http://sites.middlebury.edu/individu...on_lottery.pdf

    its 8 pages long

    my question is, would you throw the first stone cause thats the way it is?

    when a society doesn't protect everyone's rights, whats the point of the society?
    I am not denying there is an overpop prob, I'm admitting I dont have any answers and anyone who thinks they do have answers just might be a monster.
    Why do you think reproduction to an excessive point is your right?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,194
    who determines an excessive point? its RELATIVE! In a city it might be one but in rural areas it might be 6.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    who determines an excessive point? its RELATIVE! In a city it might be one but in rural areas it might be 6.
    I am thinking on a global scale. Again, why does anyone need to have 8 children? Selfishness? Pride? Boredom? Why does a rural area need to be populated by more humans?

  6. #56
    dudes. You two are nuts. Like, certifiable. Seriously. I brought reason here, you guys brought a bunch of salvia and smoked it all at once.

    1. War as a means of population control: Lets see, well, first off the US is nowhere near overpopulation. Ever been to Nebraska? The Dakotas? ****, most of Texas? There MIGHT be a person per square mile in those areas. Also, there is no draft. All of our service men are willingly enlisted or commissioned. So, the Gov't isn't exactly hand picking who to "off".How about the enemy? Afghanistan is mostly deserts and mountains. With no people. Really we won't even admit that we are at war with them, it's a war on "terror". Al Queda forces are estimated to be less than a 1000 strong and anyone prominent has been pushed into hiding. It's women and children fighting most of their battles.

    2. forced sterilization, actually I don't even see that one serious enough to argue against. Come on, bro. Take your meds, or go get on some.

    I really hope this was a bad joke, and that you two are sitting around laughing. No, something tells me you guys are up to some creepy sh*t. Have fun with that...
    Last edited by leethestud; Oct 14, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,225
    This is a conversation best had between a few buds and bong

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    dudes. You two are nuts. Like, certifiable. Seriously. I brought reason here, you guys brought a bunch of salvia and smoked it all at once.

    1. War as a means of population control: Lets see, well, first off the US is nowhere near overpopulation. Ever been to Nebraska? The Dakotas? ****, most of Texas? There MIGHT be a person per square mile in those areas. Also, there is no draft. All of our service men are willingly enlisted or commissioned. So, the Gov't isn't exactly hand picking who to "off".How about the enemy? Afghanistan is mostly deserts and mountains. With no people. Really we won't even admit that we are at war with them, it's a war on "terror". Al Queda forces are estimated to be less than a 1000 strong and anyone prominent has been pushed into hiding. It's women and children fighting most of their battles.

    2. forced sterilization, actually I don't even see that one serious enough to argue against. Come on, bro. Take your meds, or go get on some.

    I really hope this was a bad joke, and that you two are sitting around laughing. No, something tells me you guys are up to some creepy sh*t. Have fun with that...
    Yeah man, it's totally crazy. I mean, unheard of stuff.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This is a conversation best had between a few buds and bong
    Probably. Or at least a few strong brews.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,225
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Probably. Or at least a few strong brews.
    Or both, but to it's their own