LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Holden/Carolina Beaches on Sunday morning?

Anyone hitting the beach on Sunday morning for the predicted clean swell on holden and carolina beach area? how do you think it'll be. I gotta catch some waves and the closest to me.. CONWAY!, is south end of nc.

~~~~WHAT is up with the stingrays? Has anyone noticed the massive amount of stingray schools running up and down the coast? Is it normal for this time of year or all the time? Whats going on. I'm getting pretty freaked out from them bumping into me.

Images
    dude, stay away from those things. you dont know if they are stingrays or skates!!

Images
    Wow dude, whats a skate?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plankrdjack View Post
    Anyone hitting the beach on Sunday morning for the predicted clean swell on holden and carolina beach area? how do you think it'll be. I gotta catch some waves and the closest to me.. CONWAY!, is south end of nc.
    where do you see a prediction of a swell for Sunday morning?

5. Anythings better

anythings better than the flats we've been getting.. the forecast is calling for a little increase in swell in that area. Take it while its there, check it out.. Good Luck.

Got To: Forecasts;Select your location. Read the graphs. Use Your best judgement.

My brother said he saw a good sized stingray in the surf at CB today.

Was at MBSP saturday and every time i was in the lineup i would see at least one stingray. By the way, the waves sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by plankrdjack View Post

~~~~WHAT is up with the stingrays? Has anyone noticed the massive amount of stingray schools running up and down the coast? Is it normal for this time of year or all the time? Whats going on. I'm getting pretty freaked out from them bumping into me.
    The past two times I've surfed in the morning recently I've seen at least 10 cabbage head jellyfish. The first time I wasn't aware they don't sting so it kind of ruined my morning because of paranoia, but it still creeps me out when they bump into your legs when you're just sitting on your board. Hope everybody got some waves this morning

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Smile

yeah those cabbage looking jellyfish scared me my first time cause i didnt know they dont sting. But the waves at WB didnt last that long if you didnt get in the morning then you missed out if you havent been out in a long time.

10. for some reason the ocean life has been kinda creepy these past couple weeks. two days ago a friend and i were surfing around 7 a.m.. my friend kept thinking he was seeing blood, and finally he saw a fin underneath the surface of the water pass through the blood about 3 yards away from us.(we got out for a bit,) and today a stingray darted right by my board.