LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC View Post
    So lately I've discovered my real love in surfing is the art of surfing big waves. I haven't surfed any major waves myself, in fact my greatest wave achieved is a whooping 6 foot haha. Anyways I'm 17 years old and started surfing when I was near ending 16. Does my age when I started affect the chances of me being able to achieve riding dream waves such as mavericks? I know it's a dumb question but seeing all these kids that started at young ages and knowing all the Big wave surfers I've grown to love have all started to when they were little guys. So am i just being a dramatic kook or does my age kind of hold me back? Also does anyone know a well known surfer who started late in life?
    I love your attitude kid.u can do anything u want.just go for it and don't take shyt from anyone

also most bigwave guys at mavs are older.it takes years to achieve the level there at,your young so u have plenty of time.theres a few kids but its too dangerous for most kids.what I learned over the years watchin these bigwave guys is its mind over matter.it really has nothing to do with how fit u are,how healthy,how long u can hold your breath.its all in the mind and u have to mentally be fit to handle the beating.theres skinny guys,fat guys,young kids,health freaks fit as possible,it makes no difference. the ocean calls the shots.check out the powerlines videos on youtube,good stuff.

Images
    I consider double overhead surf gigantic (will never surf it unless it's on a point break and even then I'd be nervous). Head high plus is damn big ( will surf with caution), and waist to chest with an occasional bomb set perfection. I see no reason to ride giant waves, and know I will never do it. Good for anyone who does but I will never crowd that line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I consider double overhead surf gigantic (will never surf it unless it's on a point break and even then I'd be nervous). Head high plus is damn big ( will surf with caution), and waist to chest with an occasional bomb set perfection. I see no reason to ride giant waves, and know I will never do it. Good for anyone who does but I will never crowd that line up.
    I'm with you man. Give me chest high, and I am stoked. I can't personally see any reason to surf a 20+ ft wave. Takes big testicles, no fear of death, and a little stupidity. I do enjoy watching the big wave competitions.

Images
    Do your homework.
    Study the waves, and how they are being surfed.
    Charge!
    Buy lots of guns and use them.
    JA1.jpgBoards 047.jpgDSCN0479.jpgmisc. 022.jpg
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...-Tribute-Board

http://barrysnyderdesigns.com

Images
    surfed the cave in portugal. heavy and biggest wave I ever surfed for sure. but docent come close to mavericks ghost trees or anything in that category, jaws. . insane stuff

cave! that wave is insane! you surf coxos? when did you go?

You guys should check some of the Portugal cams tomorrow and wednesday. (23 ft hurr durr) not really, but big enough
    Last edited by bassplayer; Oct 22, 2013 at 05:20 AM.

Images
    Wow...just looked up Cave hadn't heard of it until now...that wave looks insane, looks like Shark Island in some of the pics...I need to go to Portugal.

So lately I've discovered my real love in life is outer space. I haven't been off of earth yet, in fact my greatest achieved is a whooping 36000 foot commercial flight haha. Anyways I'm 17 years old and started flying when I was near ending 16. Does age when I started affect the chances of me being able to achieve going to dream places such as the moon? I know it's a dumb question but seeing all these kids that started at young ages and knowing all the Astronauts I've grown to love have all started to when they were little guys. So am i just being a dramatic kook or does my age kind of hold me back? Also does anyone know a well known Astronaut who started late in life?