LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    You're gonna get good by mistake then if you get enough time on the water. I mean it's not like you're surrounded by world-class breaks or anything...
    Ya really. Just keep paddling out.

Maybe this kid wants to do one of those home trade/swap things for a period of time. I think those are popular in Europe. I've got a crib right on the Atlantic with numerous breaks within a short to 40-60 minute drive. Don't have near the swell such as found around this young buc but the seafood here will blow ya doors off.

Maybe this kid wants to do one of those home trade/swap things for a period of time. I think those are popular in Europe. I've got a crib right on the Atlantic with numerous breaks within a short to 40-60 minute drive. Don't have near the swell such as found around this young buc but the seafood here will blow ya doors off.
    Don't pay any mind to the resident SI Forum nattering nabob of narcissism, aka emass8'. He, like most on here, have never been out in anything close to what you're wondering about.

If you're really in Santa Cruz, kid, look up the hard-core locals there; they'd have the chops, they'd have the stories & they'd have the wave counsel that is true.

Dude if you live in Santa Cruz just go look for Frosty, he will teach you all you need to know for Mavs! But yeah there is a lot of local knowledge there that can help you far better than an intraweb forum can.

ya if you wanna go big, start at the lane on big days, then patricks point up in humbolt then maybe mavs. mavs is the most serious, its a hectic wave

Quote Originally Posted by makeitstop View Post
    ya if you wanna go big, start at the lane on big days, then patricks point up in humbolt then maybe mavs. Mavs is the most serious, its a hectic wave

(edited because he's got experience)
    Last edited by bassplayer; Oct 16, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

You're gonna get good by mistake then if you get enough time on the water. I mean it's not like you're surrounded by world-class breaks or anything...
    ^^^and this guy....

I love you all.

for clarification (thanks BP, I have a lil experience, but not a lot)) I never surfed mavs, but a sizable day at the Lane and some stuff on north shore...enough to know I dont want to mess with mavs, at all I think
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Oct 16, 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    ^^^and this guy....

I love you all.
    Right back at ya braddah, no homo

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    nattering nabob of narcissism.
    Ha Ha good one