LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHREDSLED View Post
    Ha, I came really, reallllyy close to never coming back from that trip.
    I bet that's absolutely true. (been to Rio & many other spots.....unreal)

I was 11 years old on a hobie twin fin at alabama point. You kinda have to be pretty short and light to be able to surf in the gulf because the waves are so small and weak. It's a good place to learn (inviting tropical temps and clear water in the summer), but, once you start putting on any weigh, you really need to move to the east coast

It was 92', freshman yr in h.s. friends dad sees a garage sale, we stop and buy a 9'6" log for $20(takes both me and my bud to carry it to the car). I surfed the next the next 20 years, "blind as a bat". Been wearing glasses since i was 7. Got LASIK about a year ago, has been so epic!

lipsmaker:::::

Thank gosh?

Yep cuz , every time the G-word is is used it get misconstrued and turns into a Bibler banger 30 pages of uselessness. I chose to spare ya! No I'm not that old, just old enough to remember. Next time I'll use fna!

Two years ago, at age 60, an acquaintance who is an incredible and young surfer, made a stray comment to me, "you could surf" after hearing about my lap swimming. I took 3 lessons,and have been surfing every weekend since then, rain or shine, freezing, big or small. What a blast and it's the fountain of youth for sure. You're never too old to start.

Quote Originally Posted by SHREDSLED View Post
    Ha sorry for the novel, started typing and it just sort of spewed out.
    No need to apologize. I loved reading your story

started surfing 6000 years ago when all the continents were aligned and we got super space swells.back then we called it bangin blue.one evening during the first apocalypse that killed the dinosaurs,i was being chased by a t-rex and I ran to the sea where a megladon greeted me and I rode it to the ice age...lsd is a hell of a drog

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    started surfing 6000 years ago when all the continents were aligned and we got super space swells.back then we called it bangin blue.one evening during the first apocalypse that killed the dinosaurs,i was being chased by a t-rex and I ran to the sea where a megladon greeted me and I rode it to the ice age...lsd is a hell of a drog
    My favorite reply

[I] learned with RIsurfer officialy but I had always just played around in NH with my surfboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    My favorite reply
    10000%. And to think rcarter was trying to award me POTW earlier today for something I can't even remember saying. cepriano is a comic genius. And I bet you anything he actually believes that's his true surfing origin.