LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 16 Good or bad?

16 Good or bad?

Is 16 a good age to learn how to surf? Can I still go far in the surfing? Maybe i'm just a kook who over thinks my age difference compared to the surfers that I look up to who started at super young ages.

By 16 your body is almost fully grown. therefore your body won't "grow" with surfing and will never be capable of the abilities it would be if you had started earlier. It is like this for many sports. It would be a waste of time to continue surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    By 16 your body is almost fully grown. therefore your body won't "grow" with surfing and will never be capable of the abilities it would be if you had started earlier. It is like this for many sports. It would be a waste of time to continue surfing.
    Nice. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TWC View Post
    Is 16 a good age to learn how to surf? Can I still go far in the surfing? Maybe i'm just a kook who over thinks my age difference compared to the surfers that I look up to who started at super young ages.
    I started surfing when I was 29, and am still learning at 31.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Forum Gold

Dude your a baby....16, give me a break I have a wart that is older than that. Nice one Sly!

Come on another thread like this? Did you not basically ask the same question in your big wave surfing thread? If we told you you could train to big wave surf then why would it be any different here? Stop freaking worrying about your age so damn much and just surf!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Come on another thread like this? Did you not basically ask the same question in your big wave surfing thread? If we told you you could train to big wave surf then why would it be any different here? Stop freaking worrying about your age so damn much and just surf!
    Right? Someone please tell the dude that he's got to be at least twice his age before he starts getting serious about surfing...

I started when I moved near the ocean at 19. Lucky for me we didn't make the move til after hi skoo.

Really, what choice do you have?
    You're only going to get older, and the time will pass no matter what you do or don't do.
    Heart, drive, desire, motivation, attitude, whatever you want to call it, is what's important in most anything you do. Just go and do it. I started a year ago at 57.