LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best get outta work to surf excuses!!!

Kind of touched on this in the previous thread I started and thought it maybe interesting to hear some good get out of work excuses to go surfing. Especially when its firing and you absolutely can't miss it!

So tomorrow if its 8' foot and glassy, offshore and the water temp is 80 degrees what do you tell your boss?

Blowin mud and head lice are always are sure shot!

Images
    Those conditions would make me call in days in advance haha

If it were a surprise though I'd do the gallon of milk challenge while on the phone with my boss....

I'm ashamed of my actions but have actually quit a few jobs (and have also been fired) due to high quality surf! Luckily I'm not a doctor or lawyer so when that happens I just hit Craigslist for the next job opportunity.

Images
    My regular strategy=go to work when I'm sick and save all my sick days to surf.

BUT, here's my ace in the hole for a backup/if I think they're on to me...this is reserved for when you know the night before that it's gonna be firing. Get all your gear ready the night before(obviously). Wear a pair of pants you don't mind sacrificing, and bring something to change into. Go into work per usual, but skip the morning dump. After about a half hour, simply sh!t yourself, then go inform your boss that you lost control of your bowels. They HAVE to let you go 'home', no way around it, and no way could they expect you to come back. Sure, you might be the joke around work for a few days, but it's a guaranteed way out. And wear lots of sunscreen during your sesh that day.

I've been called to perform out of town tomorrow. ( I'm a musician) or I'm really not feeling well and dont wish to risk spreading it around. May be stomach flue. Can we reschedule? or Surf is epic tomorrow. Grab your board and go.
    Last edited by Alvin; Nov 6, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

i have pink eye.

i've never had to lie to go surfing instead of working. i just say, "i'm leaving work early to surf" or "i'm coming in late because i'm surfing." done.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    My regular strategy=go to work when I'm sick and save all my sick days to surf.

BUT, here's my ace in the hole for a backup/if I think they're on to me...this is reserved for when you know the night before that it's gonna be firing. Get all your gear ready the night before(obviously). Wear a pair of pants you don't mind sacrificing, and bring something to change into. Go into work per usual, but skip the morning dump. After about a half hour, simply sh!t yourself, then go inform your boss that you lost control of your bowels. They HAVE to let you go 'home', no way around it, and no way could they expect you to come back. Sure, you might be the joke around work for a few days, but it's a guaranteed way out. And wear lots of sunscreen during your sesh that day.
    F@cking hilarious Seldom. I almost sh!t myself at work laughing at this post.

I never have to miss work to surf...the best swells always fall on the weekends so that all the a-holes from out of town can partake.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    F@cking hilarious Seldom. I almost sh!t myself at work laughing at this post.
    Thanks mang...if only there were waves and you got a chance to try this out Honestly I've yet to do it, the idea dawned on me semi-recently, but dead serious it's happening before I leave my current job, and you guys will be the first to know.