LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Exclamation New Surfing Co. seeks surfers for kickstarter campaign

    Hi friends, and fellow surfers --

    I am eager to help a friend of mine start a "movement" within the surfing community. SurfQuest international is up and coming apparel and travel-info created by surfers for surfers and anyone else with a passion for the see.

    Recently my friend launched a Kickstarter campaign seeking some funding for the next production of t-shirts and stages for the mysurfquest.com website. Robert (my friend) is hoping to start including travel info and resources for surfers who have never traveled to some of these destinations (like myself). As you know, leaving your home break can be fun but it is something I have only dreamt about and I am sure I am not the only one. The problem is I dont have a reliable source to go to for information and recommendations on lodging/traveling without feeling like someone is trying to sell me something.

    SurfQuest Kickstarter campaign - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-water-culture
    SurfQuest website - http://www.mysurfquest.com

    Anyways please take the time to view his website that I developed at mysurfquest.com and most certainly please help support the SurfQuest movement by contribution anything to his kickstarter campaign. Even if it is just a share or like so your friends can see what SurfQuest is about.

    Im anxious to hear your feedback as we are the target audience for SurfQuest and we would be the biggest voice in Roberts ear as to what to include.

    Thanks for reading

  2. #2
    There are several surfers on here that trade stocks by day and have large stacks. They may be of interest to your cheddar hunt. Just look for high altitude peaks and you'll find the funding sources.

  3. #3

    funding sources

    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    There are several surfers on here that trade stocks by day and have large stacks. They may be of interest to your cheddar hunt. Just look for high altitude peaks and you'll find the funding sources.
    Thanks dude! What do you mean by high altitude peaks on here? With only 21 days left in the campaign we are trying to do anything we can to reach our goal.. He has some really sweet stuff on there now so I want to help do what I can to bring in more contributors. Thx for help!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    1,491
    This could also be a very good place to seek funding:

    http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/pos...t=0&Board=UBB1
    You might try posting there as well.

  5. #5
    Hey, thanks so much for the input guys! I have tried to sign up at surfermag but there forum requires an admin to approve your account before you can start posting?? Kind of a pain to get on their forum as oppose to this one.

    As soon as I am approved I will definitely get on there and try my luck

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gnomes Riding Giant Toothpicks Suck!
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindacme View Post
    Hey, thanks so much for the input guys! I have tried to sign up at surfermag but there forum requires an admin to approve your account before you can start posting?? Kind of a pain to get on their forum as oppose to this one.

    As soon as I am approved I will definitely get on there and try my luck
    Part of the reason they require approval first is to stop ads, which SI Admin may very well deem this to be. We had a kickstarter guy trying to raise funds here last month and many felt it was at the core advertising which is a no no on this site. Just letting you know up front that this thread may get locked and removed. Whiskey Malitia has sticky ads at the top of the forum as they are approved but in general SI does not like posters hitting up other members for cash no matter how great or noble the casue may be.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Part of the reason they require approval first is to stop ads, which SI Admin may very well deem this to be. We had a kickstarter guy trying to raise funds here last month and many felt it was at the core advertising which is a no no on this site. Just letting you know up front that this thread may get locked and removed. Whiskey Malitia has sticky ads at the top of the forum as they are approved but in general SI does not like posters hitting up other members for cash no matter how great or noble the casue may be.
    Lol thanks, not so much an ad as it would be a plug for a friend. Its obviously not like I just came in to name drop and I am on to the next forum. What better and easier way is there to spread the word about supporting something we all love to do which is surf and represent those surf spots.. Hopefully since I am engaging this thread and replying back no one will see it as an add but simply a suggestion to support a cool cause that further promotes good surf spots and water sports ;-)

    Any advice is appreciated though and thanks for the heads up, will try to keep it less geared towards name plugging?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    747
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Part of the reason they require approval first is to stop ads, which SI Admin may very well deem this to be. We had a kickstarter guy trying to raise funds here last month and many felt it was at the core advertising which is a no no on this site. Just letting you know up front that this thread may get locked and removed. Whiskey Malitia has sticky ads at the top of the forum as they are approved but in general SI does not like posters hitting up other members for cash no matter how great or noble the casue may be.
    what cause? yet another lifestyle/activewear/apparel start-up trying to cash in on surfing - at $32 per t-shirt. i hope they let the OP into the Erbb - it's always fun when fresh meat gets tossed into the cages over there.

    and let's be clear on the business plan: nobody is going to make a living selling over-priced t-shirts to actual surfers - they know better. the OP and the website are trolling for surf community credibility, which they clearly regard as a necessary first step along the well-worn path to wider market penetration into the 12-25 y/o non-surfing demographic in fly-over country. (the alternative path for selling surfgear-coolness-to-non-surfers is to create a wholly fictitious back story and bypass the surf community altogether, which is what Abercrombie & Fitch did quite successfully with Hollister).

    the OP puts a good spin on it, but at the end of the day, it's really not a surfing company and ultimately, we really aren't their target market.
    Last edited by hanna; Oct 20, 2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: spelling etc

  9. #9
    Seek a private equity firm.

  10. #10
    Some of the shirts are cool, but I'm just not into that off color/faded color look. Nor do I enjoy those funky "tribal" looking wave prints. I think the "set waves" one is dope in black. But it has potential. Decent name anyways.

Tags for this Thread