LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    what do you think IPO's are? thats rich people begging, even weaker
    That's a new stock when it's offered on a publicly traded market. That's also speculation about the earnings potential of a new company so I think of an ipo more as a gambling option than giving money to someone. Either way with an ipo you get something and that's a stock. Kick starter your basically just giving a faceless person your money through pay pal or something.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    There's no bro in that chattah. It's was straightforward albeit not quite simplified to the ever-popular McDonald's picture menu.

Here: there are poser living-the-dream'ers on nearly every street corner in the Portland downtown. One even has set up on the sidewalk 7 framed "photos" of his "family" that actually came with the frame. Those dudes are WAY too groomed to truly be living the curb dream. They have as much musical talent as you do spelling accuracy while inebriated (not a judgment on you, a pure fact you're aware of). A busker is a musical performer on the street with an open instrument case to collect donations in. That's a real word. The suthnas know it. Any real busker will have the miles and knowledge of PB&J yet be lacking the RAM to convey it with. These posers are a black eye to the otherwise very cool Portland scene. If they were legit, they'd compliment it. They aren't. Planet Lava is to hippies as Starbucks is to hipsters. If you don't know what a hipster is, don't ask Doug because he doesn't know either.

You copy that TC?

I truly do hope you scored today and that only happened if you went north of York and left the petting zoo.
    Wow, such magic. A credit to written communication........

Man, you did a synopsis on Austin, TX that I have to go back and find.

Busker.......well I learned something new today.........

Oh Charles, your avatar(God I hate that term) really through me for a loop. I totally didn't recognize that as Mr. Tosh, and for some reason assumed it was you(yeah you told us a few months ago that it was Tosh). It gave me visions of a yankee farmer, with a touch of class and sophistication, highlighted by a turtleneck sweater. You know, like a mix of rural Maine, with a touch of Walden friggin Pond and Harvard thrown in.

But then I saw you beating a dummy-thang(very imprerssive by the way) and you look like my old roommate from Brighton, MA. That's like Boston for you guys keeping score. My roomate liked hookers. From Piedmont St in Worcester to random Boston hitchikers......he liked hookers. Anyways my roommate isn't(wasn't) a Maine farmer. I'm kind of disappointed for some reason I can't explain.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Wow, such magic. A credit to written communication........

Man, you did a synopsis on Austin, TX that I have to go back and find.

Busker.......well I learned something new today.........

Oh Charles, your avatar(God I hate that term) really through me for a loop. I totally didn't recognize that as Mr. Tosh, and for some reason assumed it was you(yeah you told us a few months ago that it was Tosh). It gave me visions of a yankee farmer, with a touch of class and sophistication, highlighted by a turtleneck sweater. You know, like a mix of rural Maine, with a touch of Walden friggin Pond and Harvard thrown in.

But then I saw you beating a dummy-thang(very imprerssive by the way) and you look like my old roommate from Brighton, MA. That's like Boston for you guys keeping score. My roomate liked hookers. From Piedmont St in Worcester to random Boston hitchikers......he liked hookers. Anyways my roommate isn't(wasn't) a Maine farmer. I'm kind of disappointed for some reason I can't explain.
    Thanks Pjb your a very good man.

My beating the latex dummy was just an expression of pure from the heart hate for Yankee. It made me laugh pretty hard just making the videos. So hats off to Yankee for being the subject of my abusive humor.

I really wish I was the man in my avatar picture. A classy turtle neck wearing man from Maine who can hold a baby horse. Pretty upstanding if you ask me. PJb any time you come to the Portland Maine parts let me know. I'll be honored to buy you a round.

Best wishes
    -Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Blindacme View Post
    Hi friends, and fellow surfers --

I am eager to help a friend of mine start a "movement" within the surfing community. SurfQuest international is up and coming apparel and travel-info created by surfers for surfers and anyone else with a passion for the see.

Recently my friend launched a Kickstarter campaign seeking some funding for the next production of t-shirts and stages for the mysurfquest.com website. Robert (my friend) is hoping to start including travel info and resources for surfers who have never traveled to some of these destinations (like myself). As you know, leaving your home break can be fun but it is something I have only dreamt about and I am sure I am not the only one. The problem is I dont have a reliable source to go to for information and recommendations on lodging/traveling without feeling like someone is trying to sell me something.

SurfQuest Kickstarter campaign - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-water-culture
    SurfQuest website - http://www.mysurfquest.com

Anyways please take the time to view his website that I developed at mysurfquest.com and most certainly please help support the SurfQuest movement by contribution anything to his kickstarter campaign. Even if it is just a share or like so your friends can see what SurfQuest is about.

Im anxious to hear your feedback as we are the target audience for SurfQuest and we would be the biggest voice in Roberts ear as to what to include.

Thanks for reading
    Why not go surf some places & then post your project? What, are you still living with mummy? By your own admission you've never ventured forth for surf travel, you're still parked in front of your computer. Kind of a major issue with your gen, I'd say.

Leave mummy behind, go get a friggin job, save your money, book a plane ticket, travel, get burned, have some laughs, enjoy great surf, get skunked, meet a few chicas (questionable in your case), get drunk, howl at the moon, come back to home with z couple bucks in your pocket.

Kee rist son it's called life & it ain't best experienced in front of your Dell. Back in the day we'd say "grow a set." Not sure if you even know what that means.

What, exactly, are we supposed to support here? Hayzeus keerist....
    Last edited by yankee; Oct 19, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    My beating the latex dummy was just an expression of pure from the heart hate for Yankee. It made me laugh pretty hard
    I inspire my trolls to acts of unspeakable insanity, chucka-boo-boo. You say you laugh uncontrollably while beating your latex dummies as your dawg arse-bungles them...? Well, there ya go. Proof positive.

Hmmmmm.....off your meds again, boo-boo? It would seem so.

Do you realize, chucka-boo-boo, that people are making fun of you? Mocking you? They are not crowning you the next Emperor of Rome, sparky. You post crazed, hateful, violent videos, you threaten Forum members. Does your dawg then have his way with you?

Kinda makes me wonder if Bossman Micah has given up on the Forum infarction patrol thing.

No matter. You're certifiable, chucka-boo-boo. No doubt about that. Inhaling your own shavings, so to speak. Since you are keen on self-adulation, when do we get to see your smoke-chunky-woman & your psycho dawg in action? Next vid, perhaps...?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Part of the reason they require approval first is to stop ads, which SI Admin may very well deem this to be. We had a kickstarter guy trying to raise funds here last month and many felt it was at the core advertising which is a no no on this site. Just letting you know up front that this thread may get locked and removed. Whiskey Malitia has sticky ads at the top of the forum as they are approved but in general SI does not like posters hitting up other members for cash no matter how great or noble the casue may be.
    what cause? yet another lifestyle/activewear/apparel start-up trying to cash in on surfing - at $32 per t-shirt. i hope they let the OP into the Erbb - it's always fun when fresh meat gets tossed into the cages over there.

and let's be clear on the business plan: nobody is going to make a living selling over-priced t-shirts to actual surfers - they know better. the OP and the website are trolling for surf community credibility, which they clearly regard as a necessary first step along the well-worn path to wider market penetration into the 12-25 y/o non-surfing demographic in fly-over country. (the alternative path for selling surfgear-coolness-to-non-surfers is to create a wholly fictitious back story and bypass the surf community altogether, which is what Abercrombie & Fitch did quite successfully with Hollister).

the OP puts a good spin on it, but at the end of the day, it's really not a surfing company and ultimately, we really aren't their target market.
    Last edited by hanna; Oct 20, 2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling etc