LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which 23' thick wetsuit should I wear while complaining about the hurricane season?

Just bought my first winter wetsuit - Oneill psychofreak 5.5/4.

23' thick wetsuit. Love it. These thread titles/posts are getting even better. Seems like another comic week coming up on SI, with lots of guys who are on their game. SB, take it over!!

Quote Originally Posted by epictetus View Post
    Just bought my first winter wetsuit - Oneill psychofreak 5.5/4.
    You wasted your $$$ bro, I just wear three 1.5 mm tops in over 2 farmer johns and 2 squid lids.

You can surf in the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    It is generally not recommended. Cold water is too uncomfortable and dangerous.

I've been using spray-on bed liner. Just remember to close your eyes.

So, seriously though, getting into/out of the winter wetsuit is HARD man... I thought my old 3mil fullsuit was a pain but this, wow. I like to sneak into a local lake and go night-swimming sometimes; with this winter suit, the cops will have an extra 30 minutes to catch me naked in the parking lot at 1AM peeling rubber on/off myself. The only physically possible way to take it off is left-elbow-first, and just that takes me a good 5-10 minutes for the elbow.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    I don't want to embarass myself thinking you were serious when you said this.

Images
    I usually just layerup my old 3/2 suits.. like wear 3 of them... then I can surf in December... January i wear wool underneath to keep warm...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epictetus View Post
    So, seriously though, getting into/out of the winter wetsuit is HARD man... I thought my old 3mil fullsuit was a pain but this, wow. I like to sneak into a local lake and go night-swimming sometimes; with this winter suit, the cops will have an extra 30 minutes to catch me naked in the parking lot at 1AM peeling rubber on/off myself. The only physically possible way to take it off is left-elbow-first, and just that takes me a good 5-10 minutes for the elbow.
    seriously- with enough practice and yoga lessons- you can have that thing off in the bitter cold within a matter of seconds.... believe me... do yourself a favor and get one of those fcs changing togas... you'll love it and thank me later.