LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water temp nj

Images
    I wore a 3/2 That doesn't fit me. Time to go to the surf shop and pick up some old models for winter and spring again

ExtremeSpongerChicks Guest

Ouch

We saw multiple chicas and chicos in the water with their hands up and out of the water...i guess trying to warm-up...yikes...we'd rather look odd wearing gloves than being uncomfortable Give it a few more weeks in NJ...then, noeprene-free!!!

i always keep my suit, gloves and boots in the car handy. Last year after it was warm for a month, crazy upwelling happened and a suit and boots were neccessary..so i learned my lesson. I can't wait to shake the gloves but its still so damn cold. I saw a guy wearing nothing but shorts out at belmar...nuts

Images
    i was fine in monmouth county(Long Branch) on sunday..sure i was a little cold with that south swell but all i wore was a spring shorty and one of my buddys just went in boardshorts.....we were fin....but people were acting crazy seeing us in those suits...its so much easier to surf without all that crap on......its almost summer!!!

Are you serious? I havnt worn gloves in over a month. Are you up in Maine or something
    ?

Images
    I wouldn't have minded a hood Sunday. I was taking pics so I was constantly under water. I had a big head ache when I got out.

I live in central jersey and ive been wearing my 3/2 spring suit.. i havent really been that cold.

Water was freezing today!!!

Images
    I'm home in NJ visiting my family... good thing I brought my 3/2, gloves, and boots ... they've been dry for quite some time now. Water temps in southern NC are well into the 70s

back to "wintertime" ... I can't say I've missed the cold water up here. Waves break a little thicker though than where I normally surf so it's kind of nice... almost like the outer banks in March.