LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Queen of the wind chop

I went out yesterday and waves were small with the wind on it. I was the only one out there for about an hour and then a couple others showed up. I'm not very good at all but needed to at least get out and paddle. Was psyched to catch a few. My brother lives in Santa Cruz, CA and sometimes I look at the cams on surfline. When it's windy and choppy NO BODY is out there. When I move there I'll have the wind chop all to myself and by that time I will have mastered it with all of my East Coast experience. Just call me "queen of the wind chop."

Images
    Well, more often than not, you'll have windy groundswell chop oppossed to windy wind swell chop.

So you are most positively moving out there? B!tchen. If you wacked-off 98% of the surfing population that place is mecca. The best surf town in America. Kind of crowded out there. Watch out for a guy named Anthony R. He might try and sell you something.

Aw man, you're stoked. What an ecletic mix out there: Hot shot surfers, hot shot surfers with meth problems, bonafide weirdos, bonafide mental patients(way worse than me), real hippies, college-know-it-all hippies, medium hippies, yoga and granola, sharks, big sharks, college kids, "normal people"............

Dudette, you'll think back aboot Delaware and laugh and laugh and laugh. You'll be totally centralized for a vast surfing experience. Everything you can want is within a drive north or a drive south. A scenic overload on the senses awaits. That coast is what it's all aboot: nature, adventure and quality surf.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    If you wacked-off 98% of the surfing population that place is mecca.
    If you wacked off that many people, you'd have no time to surf. Probably have a mean paddle afterwards though.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    If you wacked off that many people, you'd have no time to surf. Probably have a mean paddle afterwards though.
    LMAO! this is why the English language, esp our crazy-ass version of it, is so amazing!

and nevermind us children julia, congrats on your potential move!

Images
    I wouldn't call Santa Cruz waves wind chop, more like the land of glassy point break rights. You will certainly not have a problem having other's join you out there. EVERYONE surfs out there. Moms, Grandparents, little kids, Doctors, Businessmen... Its a cool place, but you'll be excited for your return to surf weak wind chop with no one around!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I wouldn't call Santa Cruz waves wind chop
    Yeah! Especially with a such a jagged coastline that there are a choice of spots protected by tall cliffs from just about every wind direction except straight onshore southwest. and even when the winds are straight onshore you've got the possibility of kelp protection!

Images
    We won't be moving there for awhile so I'll still get my wind chop workout here. I'm a bit scared of the northern cal kelp. I was surfing (trying to surf) pleasure point one time and this one guy out there said he now longboards. He said he had tried shortboarding but got tired of the attitudes and "getting tangled up in the kelp". Yikes! Of course, then I fell off my board and got tangled up in kelp - thank goodness the water was shallow!

Images
    the best days in nj are the worst days in santa cruz (kinda). I love going out there. cousins tell me theres no surf. . . .i got to beach its 3-4 clean and no one out. Crazy what some people won't even surf is east coast acceptable.

Santa Cruz also has a lot of lesbians. unfortunately they are not all lipstick lesbians.....

Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    ...He said he had tried shortboarding but got tired of the attitudes...
    I've surfed for 90 mins on the west coast so I don't know, but it seems to me that Cali surfers don't appreciate us east coast surfers. I've been a skier my whole life and a surfer for way less than that, and as I skier I was always proud to reveal to western skiers that I was an east coaster. Skiers from the Rocky's always empathize with the plight of skiers from the east (flat terrain and ice for snow). Cali surfers do not seem to feel this way...they're angry that we have the nerve to visit their break. Is this, by and large, true?

Also, Julia, did you meet that other female on here? Not sure if she's still around...