LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

this years winter?

for the winter of 2013/2014 is it supposed to be a more intense winter? like stronger north easter's?

Images
    I was just watching MSNBC and they said winter was cancelled this year. We're going straight to spring. Global warming or something.

who knows. you are asking the same people who predicted a very strong tropical season.

Images
    It's always the opposite of whatever the weatherman says....trust me

It depends on how many acorns are on the ground. If they are in abundance the squirrels have plenty of food storage for a big winter. If its sparse then no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    It depends on how many acorns are on the ground. If they are in abundance the squirrels have plenty of food storage for a big winter. If its sparse then no worries.
    But what if the chipmunks steal all the acorns?

You can bank on a mild winter with a few cold spells...pu$$y winter ahead.

23 footers all day baby

well the squirrels are going crazy with acorns and they're all falling on my house so i gues 23 footers all day.

Images
    Don't neglect to factor in the number of squirrels eaten by hawks mid-fall to the first day of winter. If you take that number and multiply it by the number of named storms during the tropical season, then divide by the thickness of the wetsuit required to get through winter in your region, you will have the average strength(in millibars) of each winter storm. Also remember that winter storms are named now, which does help increase sustained winds a bit.

I heard that until late-December the days are going to get shorter???!!!! This is totally F-ed up. If days aren't 24 hours long wouldn't it screw up the tides and what-not? The whole planet is just way out of whack right now. Plus, shorter days means fewer total waves, which means less opportunity to surf. This winter is going to BLOW.