LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    we have to be very careful about cleaning this up. i mean we can invent machine to keep the ocean clean but those same machines could become self aware and turn on us then grow us for energy while keeping us docile in an artificial reality. Just sayin.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Come to Dream Sea Surf Camp! Our beaches are covered in trash!

sad about the trash. but damn the south of France does sound like a dreamsey kind of place to learn how to surf! kudos on location!

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    nah, it's neo-classical economic theory and the idea that you can have Infinite growth on a finite planet... better read up on this one fellas..bc it's the one driving this train of destruction
    Discover, exploit, waste, exterminate, destroy.
    It's what we do best.
    It's how nations are built.
    Now that we have more than our fair share, and in the process have created most of this environmental mess, we demand that developing countries be more environmentally aware, curtail and cease their damaging activities. It's the classic "Do as I say, not as I do".

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    That's really bad stuff.

Great to see some fellow doomers here on the swellinfo forums.

-Collapse of the highly interconnected and interdependent globalized economy
    -Collapse of industrialized civilization
    -Collapse of a biosphere capable of supporting human life

All reasons to surf every chance you get.

yeah. according to Hopi prophesies, EOD starts when birds fall from the sky, fish rise out of the sea and a white buffalo is born. didn't say anything about mammals of the sea. but the others have happened. there's still mass fish and bird die offs. recently they found hundreds of elk dead in their tracks. as far as the white buffalo. one was born last year then killed soon after. then another was born. I'm skeert! Someone hold me.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyspec View Post
    Great to see some fellow doomers here on the swellinfo forums.

-Collapse of the highly interconnected and interdependent globalized economy
    -Collapse of industrialized civilization
    -Collapse of a biosphere capable of supporting human life

All reasons to surf every chance you get.
    Oh no, please don't confuse me with a doomer. I do consider my self a bit of an environmentalist. There is no way anyone can deny that we are messing this planet up. What is that phrase... never sh1t where you eat? Well, we are taking one seldom seen sized dump on our home, so where do we expect to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    yeah. according to Hopi prophesies, EOD starts when birds fall from the sky, fish rise out of the sea and a white buffalo is born. didn't say anything about mammals of the sea. but the others have happened. there's still mass fish and bird die offs. recently they found hundreds of elk dead in their tracks. as far as the white buffalo. one was born last year then killed soon after. then another was born. I'm skeert! Someone hold me.
    The White Buffalo is the name of one of chucka-boo-boo's latex dummies. No worries, he'll be along here soon enough to hijack this thread, too.

what's a Chucka-boo-boo?