LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: fish oil

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    That's awesome, man. All this talk of fish oil and sh!t....and healthy living driving me nuts.

I had a friend......he turned vegan.............now I offend him with everything I say....everything I say offends him.....only yoga, vegetables and some white man buddha stuff is acceptable. I think there's a cult going on. It's like a cult, and the dudes peddaling the foodstuffs are like TV evangelists(right just like the ones you southern guys give your money to). Breaks my heart. Why are healthy eaters so God dang smug aboot it ???? Why??

Anyway thanks RCarter. You have restored my faith in surfing and life.

Sometimes my heart rate is in the 90's......is that like bad?
    Ugh, fuggin vegans. Every one of them that I know always tries to push the lifestyle on everyone. I don't see a single reason to ever go vegan. I can understand vegetarianism and pescatarianism, but to not eat cheese seems silly. There are plenty of places to get free range dairy.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I have run for almost 20 years now, and usually run about 4-5 miles a day. My resting heart rate is usually 42-45. Exercise may not be the solution to everything, but it sure makes the circulatory system efficient.
    Damn man you are ready for an Ironman. That is a great resting heart rate! I bet it makes your surf sessions a lot less tiring too.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Damn man you are ready for an Ironman. That is a great resting heart rate! I bet it makes your surf sessions a lot less tiring too.
    Running and surfing are two different animals, but it does take me a lot less time to get in shape. I only need about 2 weeks of ok surfing conditions, and I am usually good. My main limitation is my shoulders. I tore a muscle there a couple years ago from lifting too much in the gym. I have to give that area some recovery time.
    While we are on the topic of diet, I have to suggest eating fruit for breakfast every day. Couple oranges, banana, and some grapes. I feel way better doing this, and it gives you important vitamins that you need every day.

Placebo pills cure every ailment

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

Roy does not partake of breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Most important meal of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Most important meal of the day.
    Negative, although it depends upon what one's used to. I have more energy without breakfast.

I Eat Pieces of Sh*t Like You For Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Illeism /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/ (from Latin ille meaning "he") is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person.

Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism. The artist Salvador Dalí used illeism throughout his interview with 60 Minutes's Mike Wallace, punctuating it with "Dalí is immortal and will not die," although this may have been a reference to the legacy of his art rather than his actual self. The wrestler The Rock was notorious for this, mainly to enhance his persona to a superhuman level

"Jimmy and misunderstanding kinda clash."

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Illeism /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/ (from Latin ille meaning "he") is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person.

Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism. The artist Salvador Dalí used illeism throughout his interview with 60 Minutes's Mike Wallace, punctuating it with "Dalí is immortal and will not die," although this may have been a reference to the legacy of his art rather than his actual self. The wrestler The Rock was notorious for this, mainly to enhance his persona to a superhuman level

"Jimmy and misunderstanding kinda clash."

Maybe, although I sometimes use the 3rd person to lampoon myself you should also realise that in some cultures the 3rd person is used to write about oneself impersonally, this is seen as less egotistical and more polite. This is the case in china, for example.