www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

Roy does not partake of breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Most important meal of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Most important meal of the day.
    Negative, although it depends upon what one's used to. I have more energy without breakfast.

I Eat Pieces of Sh*t Like You For Breakfast

Illeism /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/ (from Latin ille meaning "he") is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person.

Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism. The artist Salvador Dalí used illeism throughout his interview with 60 Minutes's Mike Wallace, punctuating it with "Dalí is immortal and will not die," although this may have been a reference to the legacy of his art rather than his actual self. The wrestler The Rock was notorious for this, mainly to enhance his persona to a superhuman level

"Jimmy and misunderstanding kinda clash."

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Illeism /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/ (from Latin ille meaning "he") is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person.

Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism. The artist Salvador Dalí used illeism throughout his interview with 60 Minutes's Mike Wallace, punctuating it with "Dalí is immortal and will not die," although this may have been a reference to the legacy of his art rather than his actual self. The wrestler The Rock was notorious for this, mainly to enhance his persona to a superhuman level

"Jimmy and misunderstanding kinda clash."

Maybe, although I sometimes use the 3rd person to lampoon myself you should also realise that in some cultures the 3rd person is used to write about oneself impersonally, this is seen as less egotistical and more polite. This is the case in china, for example.

Ahem...

"The men who said they skipped breakfast tended to be younger, single, smokers, who worked full time, did not do much exercise and drank more alcohol.

The researchers also found when they adjusted the results to take out the effect of body mass index, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes, the links between skipping breakfast and higher risk for heart attack or death from coronary heart disease became much weaker: they were no longer statistically significant."

In my case the case is irrelevant since I am not overweight, have normal blood, do not have diabetes or high cholesterol, have normal blood pressure (low for my age) do not drink alcohol and exercise regularly.

Also the study says that eating late at night is a risk factor which is associated with skipping breakfast, however I do not eat late at night.

Ahem...

"The men who said they skipped breakfast tended to be younger, single, smokers, who worked full time, did not do much exercise and drank more alcohol.

The researchers also found when they adjusted the results to take out the effect of body mass index, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes, the links between skipping breakfast and higher risk for heart attack or death from coronary heart disease became much weaker: they were no longer statistically significant."

In my case the case is irrelevant since I am not overweight, have normal blood, do not have diabetes or high cholesterol, have normal blood pressure (low for my age) do not drink alcohol and exercise regularly.

Also the study says that eating late at night is a risk factor which is associated with skipping breakfast, however I do not eat late at night.
    Wow, good for you. Pick the negative in one study to fit your beliefs. Still stands that most people are better off eating breakfast, and it still helps morning mental alertness.

This thread sucks now. Was a pretty good discussion of various diets and supplements that different guys take and we were all being fairly intelligent and academic about it. The kind of thread that peeps would come on SI for the first time and thinks it's a good place. Then this thread went down the schitter and from the looks of it, the whole weekend has been an idocracy on the forum. Glad I was busy rippin peaks in the wave pool out here in the desert and paying no mind to that rubbish! Hope the weekend went well for you braziers and that your Monday starts off well. Try and use a few more brain cells than you did here this weekend.